Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration
Gain Skills for Supporting Patients and Practitioners in the Fast-Growing Health Administration Field
Our online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree with a concentration in Healthcare Administration will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to support healthcare practitioners and the patients they serve. Complete our flexible, online degree in as few as two years.
Join Us for a Virtual Open House
Wednesday, January 24 at 6:00 p.m.
Spring 2024 (apply by Feb. 12, 2024)
100% online, asynchronous
About two years (longer if you have no transfer credits)
Continue working as you complete one course at a time in 5-week accelerated sessions
Enter the field of healthcare with specialized skills
Those who want to advance or launch your career
The degree can be completed in as little as two years. After earning your BSBA, you can:
- Advance towards management-track roles in any field
- Change to a healthcare-focused career path
- Prepare for graduate-level management education, such as our MBA in Healthcare Administration
The BSBA's flexible online format accommodates your work and family obligations and connects you to a caring, committed learning community where you can build personal and professional relationships that will transform your life.
Our curriculum includes a set of required business and healthcare administration courses, plus general education and elective courses. The general education and electives you take will vary depending on your previous college experience.
There is no minimum requirement of transfer credits needed for the BSBA; students can begin the program with 0 credits.
Business Pre-Prequisite - 12 credits
|ACC 105||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|ACC 106||Principles of Accounting II||3|
Business Core - 34 credits
|BUS3 10||Principles of Finance||3|
|BUS 323||Business Management and Leadership||3|
|BUS 342||Business Statistics||3|
|BUS 378||Healthcare Risk Management||3|
|BUS 405||Marketing Management||3|
|BUS 4001||Seminar: Business Policies and Strategy||4|
|ACC 302||Financial Accounting||3|
|HA 312||Healthcare Planning||3|
|HA 401||Healthcare Financial Planning||3|
|HA 402||Legal Issues in Health Administration||3|
A minimum of 120 credits is required to earn a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with a concentration in Healthcare Administration. A minimum of 45 credits completed at GMercyU is required for the bachelor degree.
See the undergraduate catalog for more information and course descriptions.
The BSBA with a concentration in Healthcare Administration blends general business and healthcare-specific course content to equip you with the technical knowledge and practical skills you need to succeed. You will enhance your skills as a presenter, researcher, and writer while developing your managerial capabilities in our program.
As a graduate of the program, you will be able to:
- Produce business-related papers using APA format
- Prepare written business communications
- Apply knowledge and skills to make appropriate business decisions
- Apply ethical and moral decision-making principles to business situations
- Display appropriate quantitative problem-solving abilities in the context of a business problem
- Demonstrate the ability to use appropriate technological skills required for business professionals
- Demonstrate the ability to find, evaluate, and apply sources of information relevant to business issues and situations
- Understand healthcare industry-specific issues such as regulation, business models, financial management and accounting
- Apply general management theories to problems in healthcare workplace settings
The small class environment at GMercyU fosters collaboration and learning experiences based on real-world situations. In addition, we integrate consideration for ethical decision-making into all of our courses. As you prepare for your professional goals, you will also refine your personal code of ethics.
At GMercyU, we’ve developed an academic community that supports ambitious learners. We select faculty members who demonstrate significant industry experience, academic achievement, and a passion for teaching. We keep class sizes small, so you can develop meaningful working relationships with your professors and peers.
We also help you prepare for your transition from student to graduate.