To qualify for admission to our Online Special Education Supervisor Certification, you must provide:
- A master’s degree in education from an institution accredited by the Middle States Association, or comparable accreditation, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- A Graduate Record Examination score of 155 or higher or a Miller Analogy Test percentile of 65 or higher (waived if you had a graduate GPA of 3.5 or greater)
- You must possess a valid Pennsylvania Special Education Certification with a Subject Certification, or, if issued prior to 2013, K12 Special Education Certification. Certification may include one or more areas of special education such as single subject, speech pathology, mentally and physically handicapped, visual impairment, or hearing impairment.
- Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts
- A professional resume
- Two letters of references from persons in leadership roles in your chosen area of concentration attesting that you have the ability to engage in studies and to conduct research
- Official results showing a minimum score of 550 (written), 213 (computer), or 79 (internet) on the TOEFL examination if your first language is not English
- While not an admissions requirement, PDE requires a minimum of 5 years teaching experience before you are able to secure your Certification through PDE.
Personal interviews may be required for any candidates as determined by the admissions committee. After enrollment, you will also need to obtain a Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background Check, and Federal Criminal History.