Gwynedd Mercy University provides a combination of educational advantages that you won’t find anywhere else. Here, you will develop your sense of professional ethics as well as the leadership, interpersonal and technological skills you need to be a well-rounded nurse leader. We offer:
- State-of-the-art technology, including SIM mannequins and Advanced Video System (AVS) replay for improved confidence and deeper understanding
- 200+ regional health care affiliations
- Richer learning experience with our low 13:1 laboratory and 8:1 clinicals student-faculty ratios
- All undergraduate bachelor's in nursing courses taught by experienced, credentialed instructors with clinical backgrounds (no teaching assistants)
- Diverse, real-world clinical preparation featuring actual patient care and interaction with health care professionals in a variety of specialties and settings
- Degree program approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and accredited by Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Options for Transfer Students
Summer + 2 Years: If you have at least 45 qualifying transfer credits, you may be eligible to participate in our Summer + 2 program, which offers a way for you to earn your BSN in just one summer and two years. You also may be eligible for a special transfer student scholarship when you enroll on our Main Campus. Space is very limited, so apply early! IMPORTANT UPDATE: As of December 1, 2016, enrollment for the 2017 Summer +2 BSN Program is full. We are adding interested and eligible students to a wait-list and will notify them of openings if and when they become available. If you are not offered a spot in the Summer + 2 Program, we also offer a Three-Year BSN Program for transfer students, as described below.
Three-Year Program: Through a special degree completion program, transfer students with 24 to 35 (or more) transferable credits can earn a BSN in just three years. You will need to have completed either Anatomy and Physiology I and II or Chemistry for Health Professions I and II (or equivalent courses) to graduate within three academic years. You also may be eligible for a special transfer student scholarship when you enroll on our Main Campus.
Increase the value of your degree by adding an undergraduate minor. GMercyU offers a wide variety of minors so you can choose the one that best meets your personal and professional goals.