At GMercyU, we have a long history of helping students become the teachers they’re meant to be. Our state-of-the-art classrooms and caring faculty will help you gain the experience you need to make a real difference in the lives of young students.
Why else is our program one of the best teacher education programs in Pennsylvania? Our program includes:
- Hobbit House, a licensed Private Academic Lab School right on campus
- Gain hands-on experience and develop core teaching competencies without ever leaving campus
- Teacher Apprentice Program (TAP) that lets you participate in classroom observations beginning in your first semester
- You'll gain first-hand insight into how the real world of education works before taking your turn at the head of the class
- The Autism Institute, which was founded by a GMercyU faculty member and focuses on scientifically research-based best practices for supporting students on the Autism spectrum
- A personal advisor who will guide you through all four years
- Dedicated Field Placement Director
- Dr. John Batchelor will help ensure you have a successful student teaching experience.
- Certification Coordinator for Education
- Once you're on the teacher certification track, Dr. William Warner will ensure you meet all requirements to become a certified teacher in Pennsylvania.
GMercyU’s dual degree in Early Education (PreK-4) and Special Education (PreK-8) will set you apart as it will prepare you to better respond to the educational needs of all students in your classroom.
And you can complete all required coursework within four years!
BONUS: GMercyU's Autism Institute provides research-based best practices for students, as well as teachers and administrators, parents of children on the autism spectrum and any interested community members through resources and services such as the annual Autism Conference. You will be able to take the best-practices learned and apply them directly to your own classroom.
Increase the value of your degree by adding an undergraduate minor. GMercyU offers a wide variety of minors so you can choose the one that best meets your personal and professional goals.