Gwynedd Mercy University’s a Catholic University founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. Our mission is to create a learning community, rooted in Gospel values and rich in the liberal arts. In an atmosphere of inquiry and dialogue, the University seeks to combine education for professional competency with the Mercy tradition of service to society.
The following values lie at the heart of higher education in the Mercy tradition:
- Academic excellence
- Community and collaboration
- Dignity of each person
- Rigorous intellectual inquiry
- Social responsibility
- Spirit of hospitality and valuing diversity
Statement of Beliefs
At Gwynedd Mercy University, we believe:
- That education is a lifelong process that enriches the intellectual, moral and spiritual life of the individual and prepares one for an active role in society
- That a solid liberal arts foundation is the best preparation for life and work
- That the cultivation of compassion, intellectual inquiry, dedication to truth, mercy, and justice is essential in improving the human condition
- That education is a process of transforming oneself and society
- That individual attention in a caring environment promotes learning
On the road to becoming Distinctive Mercy Graduates, we offer a warm, welcoming and inclusive community in which each student can learn and grow.