Online Accelerated Curriculum and Instruction Supervisory Certification Program
Take Curriculum and Instruction from Plan to Practice
Help your school keep pace with the constantly-evolving educational landscape as a curriculum and instruction supervisor.
Gwynedd Mercy University offers a convenient, flexible online program for master’s degree graduates like you who want to earn Supervisory Certification in Curriculum and Instruction.
See Program Details
The GMercyU Difference
This 30-credit online program equips you to design meaningful subject units, identify useful assessment tools, and offer teachers coaching on their instructional strategies in your school or at the district level. After completing our program, you will be prepared to act as:
- An assessor and evaluator of students and teachers
- A developer of professional educators
- An instructional specialist
- An agent for change
Courses are presented in an accelerated format in which you take one class at a time in seven-week blocks. Best of all, this program connects you to a network of like-minded classmates and inspiring faculty members who will help you develop the skills your students — and your school — need most.
*Certification: This program was designed to meet the certification requirements of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If you reside in a different state, you should carefully review your home state’s certification requirements prior to enrolling in this program.
The online Curriculum and Instruction Supervisory Certification program provides comprehensive professional preparation to take you from leading in the classroom to leading within your school.
As a GMercyU graduate, you will be able to:
- Identify and use instructional methods and curricula that are appropriate and effective in meeting the needs of individual learners
- Think and plan strategically to create an organizational vision focused on student success and communicate the vision to all relevant stakeholders
- Create an organizational culture of teaching and learning in which student learning is paramount
- Manage resources effectively to bring about desired results
- Collaborate, communicate and empower others inside and outside the organization to pursue excellence in learning
- Operate fairly and equitably exhibiting personal and professional integrity
When you choose to make GMercyU your educational partner, you join a community of experienced and distinguished educators. We choose faculty members whose achievements inspire us. In our small classes, you will benefit from their years of direct school experience, achievements in academia, and passion for teaching. Their insights and mentorship will help you become a force for change in your school community.
After graduation, you and your classmates will join our extensive network of alumni. The colleagues, contacts, and friends you find at GMercyU will inspire you and your work.
The online Curriculum and Instruction Supervisor certification program consists of 30 credits. After successfully passing these courses, you may apply to take any required certification exams to obtain your Supervisory Curriculum and Instruction Certification in Pennsylvania.
Please note that, as per Pennsylvania Department of Education regulations, you must have at least five (5) years of full-time teaching experience with an Instructional I certification before you can obtain certification. If you will attain five years' experience while studying for your certification, you may apply for admission.
|EDU 572||Curriculum and Instructional Supervision|
|EDU 574||School Law and Policy Issues|
|EDU 576||Human Resources and Staff Development|
|EDU 578||Educational Leadership & Equity|
|EDU 579||Current Issues in Education|
|EDU 592||Professional Development and Leadership|
|EDU 595||Practicum I: Leadership in Supervision & School Administration|
|EDU 619||Instructional Delivery & Technology in Education|
|EDU 620||Reseach, Analysis & Assessment of Outcomes|
|EDU 622||Practicum II: Supervisor of Curriculum & Instruction|
To review course descriptions, please refer to the graduate catalog.
To qualify for admission to our post-master’s education certification programs, you must provide:
- Proof you have obtained a master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0*
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended
- Proof of a current Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate
- A completed application form with fee
- A current professional resume demonstrating at least five years of full-time teaching experience
- A writing sample stating your professional and academic goals (one page, double-spaced)
- Two completed supervisory reference forms
- A minimum score of 550 (written), 213 (computer), or 79 (internet) on the TOEFL examination if English is not your native language
*If your GPA was lower than 3.0, we encourage you to apply for evaluation on a case by case basis. Personal interviews may be required for any candidates as determined by the admissions committee.
Learn more about how you can become a curriculum and instruction supervisor with our innovative online certification program.
Call 844-707-9064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact an admissions counselor. You also can also request more information today!