International Students

Study in America at Gwynedd Mercy University

Gwynedd Mercy University welcomes international students who want to earn a degree from an American university.  Our 160-acre, private campus provides a perfect home away from home where you can meet new friends, immerse yourself in American culture, and develop the knowledge and skills you need to make a difference in your career and your community.

When international students graduate from GMercyU, they are prepared for career success and ready to lead productive lives of deep meaning and value – no matter where in the world they call home.

GMercyU International Student Admission Requirements

At GMercyU, welcoming international students to campus is important to us!  That’s why we have simplified the admissions process.   

International Student Admission Requirements—Undergraduate

To enroll as an undergraduate international student at Gwynedd Mercy University, you need to:

  • Meet the GMercyU admissions criteria for any other first-time freshman or transfer student
  • Have your transcript evaluated by World Education Services
  • Score at least a 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL test or a 6 on the IELTS test

Apply Now

International Student Admission Requirements—Graduate

To enroll as a graduate-level international student at Gwynedd Mercy University, you need to:

If you’re applying to our master's level nursing programs, you must have an R.N. license that is valid in the U.S. If you have a bachelor's degree from outside the U.S., but have a valid U.S. R.N. license, you will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Please contact our Graduate Admissions Office at 877-531-7941 before starting your application to get specific instructions on how to apply to GMercyU*.

*For the MBA Program offered on our Main Campus in Gwynedd Valley, PA, please call 800-342-5462.

Scholarships for International Students

To make your American education even more affordable, international students are invited to apply for a Gwynedd Mercy University undergraduate scholarship.  Learn about eligibility requirements by visiting the GMercyU Scholarship page.

International Student Support from GMercyU

GMercyU’s International Student Learning office supports and advises international students and scholars on visa-related issues, work authorization, driver’s licenses, and more. We’re committed to assisting students in a timely and accurate way. If you have questions, stop by the office (located in Student Services in Griffin Complex) or email

We look forward to welcoming you to the U.S. and Gwynedd Mercy University!

How to Maintain Your U.S. Student Visa

If you’re a current GMercyU international student, it’s vital you maintain your U.S. student visa to avoid problems with U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services. Here are a few things GMercyU international students in the U.S. should do:

  1. Read and respond to all emails from GMercyU’s Office of International Student Learning (ISL)
  2. Enroll in a full course load each semester (12 credits for undergrads and nine credits for graduate students)
  3. Tell ISL about significant changes in your life (changes of address or major, plans to take a leave of absence, class withdrawals, etc.)
  4. Work only with authorization
  5. Get a travel signature before traveling outside of the U.S.
  6. Abide by grace periods. You may enter the U.S. 30 days before your program starts and must leave the country within 60 days of the end of your program.