A warm and welcoming community, GMercyU will quickly feel like your home away from home. Here’s how to make the most of your GMercyU experience as a commuter.
“You become so close with the people here. I thought as a commuter I might not have those strong connections with my professors and other students but we developed such a close-knit community.” –Abigail Friel ’18, Biology
Where to Meet Fellow Griffins
Beyond the classroom, getting involved is the best way to make lifelong friendships at GMercyU. Here are a few popular ways to do just that.
Clubs & Organizations — No matter your interest, there’s a club for you. If not, start one!
Athletics — Cheer on one of our 19 DIII teams!
Community Service — Service is at the heart of GMercyU. Explore your options!
Intramurals and Recreation — Join an intramural sport or take advantage of our state-of-the-art rec facilities.
Leadership Programs — Grow your leadership skills.
TIP: Don’t miss New Student Orientation! The first event of your college journey, it’s designed to help new Griffins get to know each other and bond.
What’s Happening on Campus
Find event listings for movie nights, guest speakers, club events, local outings, and much, much more all on Griffin Engage!
See our athletic schedule for home games to cheer on Griffin Nation!
Mark your calendar ahead of time for our highly anticipated campus-wide, annual traditions like Fall Fest, Griffin Madness, the Christmas Tree-Lighting, and more.
TIP: Follow @GMercyU on Instagram! We’ll remind you of fun upcoming events each week in our Instagram Stories.
Where to Study Between Classes
Here are a few quiet places on campus to concentrate:
- Computer Labs
- Keiss Library
- University Hall
- Maguire Hall
- Residence Hall Lounges
- Rotelle Lounge
- Outdoor Hammocks and Adirondack Chairs (on nice days!)
- Waldron Lounge, 2nd floor
TIP: The many seating areas around campus are great places for studying – and people watching!
Where to Hang Out Between Classes
Need a study break? Catch up with friends or relax solo at one of these spots.
- Genuardi Pavillion – Bring your lunch or dinner to eat outside.
- The Griffin Complex – The Adirondack chairs and hammocks outside make comfy spots for hanging out.
- Late Night Lounge – Gaming here at night is a thing! It’s also a perfect place to sit and eat lunch.
- Pepperazzi – A pizza shop to cure all your mid-day or late-night cravings!
- Residence Halls – Guests of residential students are welcome at Loyola, Alexandria, St. Brigid, and Siena Halls.
- St. Bernard’s Grille – It’s like having our own Wawa on campus, with plenty of seating.
- University Hall Café/lobby – Grab a sweet treat or a cup of Starbucks coffee before class.
- Waldron Center – Clubs and organizations meet here, and you can find Waldron Café here, too!
- 300+ acres of serene landscape – Grab a friend for a game of frisbee, get in some steps by walking the trails, or simply relax with a good book on our beautiful, tree-lined campus.
TIP: You can also work out in the weight room and cardio room in The Griffin Complex!
Your Dining Options
Grab a snack, full meal, or a sweet treat at one of these on-campus hot spots:
- Waldron Café
- St. Bernard’s Grille
- University Hall Café
In a rush? Mobile ordering makes it easy to order, pay ahead, and pick up to go! Learn more about Dining Services here, including Commuter Meal Plans.
TIP: Prefer to grab a bite on the drive to GMercyU? There are multiple fast food options in the area, or stop at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods – both are just five minutes from campus.
Parking Costs and Details
Commuter students are welcome to park at lots C, D, F, H, and P (see campus map here). Find the annual parking permit fee for commuters on our Tuition page.
TIP: Lots C and D get you close to classes, Lots F and H are next to The Griffin Complex. (Lot H is also near our Residence Halls.) Lot P will get you close to Maguire Hall and intramural sports fields.
More Commuter Resources