Transfer Student Admissions & Requirements
The decision to transfer schools is a big one. That's why at GMercyU, we will work hard to help transfer students like you get all the credit you deserve! It's also why we have specially-trained admissions counselors ready to support you as you navigate the transfer admissions process. You may also be eligible for a generous Transfer Student Scholarship!
GMercyU Transfer Student Admissions and Requirements
Gwynedd Mercy University welcomes transfer students from two- and four-year colleges around the country and world. To transfer to GMercyU, you will need:
- At least a 2.0 GPA*
- To complete a minimum of 45 credits, including half of your core program requirements, at Gwynedd Mercy University*
*Select programs may require a higher GPA and additional transfer requirements. Our Admissions team will help you determine what you need.
To apply to Gwynedd Mercy University as a transfer student, you also will need to submit the following materials:
- A completed application (no application fee required!)
- Final, official high school transcript if you have 23 or fewer college credits
- Official transcripts from each college you attended
- One letter of recommendation
Call our Admissions Office at 800-342-5462 if you have questions about how to apply to GMercyU as a transfer student or to learn which of your credits will transfer.
**Options for Transfer Nursing Students**
Summer + 2 Years: If you have at least 45 qualifying transfer credits, you may be eligible to participate in our Summer + 2 program, which offers a way for you to earn your BSN in just one summer and two years. You also may be eligible for a special transfer student scholarship when you enroll on our Main Campus. Space is very limited, so apply early!
Three-Year Program: Through a special degree completion program, transfer students with 24 to 35 transferable credits can earn a BSN in just three years. You will need to have completed either Anatomy and Physiology
We look forward to reading your application!
Will My Credits Transfer?
We have dozens of articulation agreements and course equivalency guides with area community colleges to streamline your path to a bachelor’s degree. Learn more about how you can transfer your college credits to GMercyU.
You also can contact our admissions office to review how your transfer credits fit with our degree program requirements. Begin the transfer process today!
Get the support you need
“Let me start by saying that GMercyU has changed my life. The students here on campus are really friendly and helpful. I chose GMercyU because it had everything I needed... It is only 15 minutes from my house, the classes are small, and the faculty will work with their students.”
Steph Sferco, who is a transfer student majoring in Pre-K-4 Education – Special Education, is on her way to becoming a Distinctive Mercy Graduate. You can be, too.
GMercyU makes transferring colleges affordable by offering transfer student scholarships and grants. They are available to full-time students with at least 24 credits from another postsecondary institution.
- Gold Transfer Student Scholarship
- Requires 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 3.5 GPA at GMercyU
- Crimson Transfer Student Scholarship
- Requires 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA at GMercyU
- Transfer Student Grant
- Requires 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA at GMercyU
- Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Student Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa membership must be documented and verified
You can renew the Gold Scholarship, Crimson Scholarship, and transfer student grant for up to three additional years if you continue to meet eligibility requirements.