Schedule your visit !
Transfer Student Admissions, Requirements, Credits & Program Info
The decision to transfer colleges is a big one. That's why at GMercyU, we will work hard to help transfer students like you get all the credit you deserve! It's also why we have specially-trained admissions counselors ready to support you as you navigate the transfer admissions process. You may also be eligible for a generous Transfer Student Scholarship!
Transfer Credit Programs Offered at GMercyU
It’s easy to get the credit you deserve by transferring to GMercyU! We work with you to make sure your credits transfer to your desired program and that you will stay on track with your career goals.
Although we accept Transfer students in all of our programs, we highlighted some transfer information for a select few below. Need more information? We're here to help.
Biology Transfer Students
The Biology program at GMercyU is rich with unique learning opportunities to prepare you for the workforce, graduate school, and beyond.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Biology Degree:
- No teaching assistants (TAs), so you are learning from professors with doctorate degrees and real-world experience
- Opportunities to conduct independent research and present at conferences - at the undergraduate level
- Every biology degree comes with a chemistry minor
- Gain experience through internship placements with companies like Johnson & Johnson and Emerson Diagnostic
Business Transfer Students
By working with specially-trained admissions counselors and dedicated faculty members, you can continue pursuing your degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, and more in GMercyU’s School of Business. You can even take advantage of our 4+1 MBA program.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Business Degree:
- Unique learning opportunities utilizing our on-campus financial trading room, complete with a real-time stock ticker
- Take advantage of GMercyU’s specialized 4+1 MBA or CPA tracks
- Learn from faculty experts who are leaders in their fields
Criminal Justice Transfer Students
GMercyU’s Criminal Justice program teaches students to identify and analyze crimes using social science, forensic science, and political science. The combination of practical knowledge and theory prepare you for immediate entry into the field, as well as graduate or law school.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Criminal Justice Degree:
- Individualized instruction with our low 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Guided visits of local and state correctional facilities
- Student internship opportunities include local police departments, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, and more
Education Transfer Students
Student today, educator tomorrow. Transfer to GMercyU’s School of Education to gain real hands-on experience and learn the necessary skills to shape our future generations.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Education Degree:
- GMercyU’s Teacher Apprentice Program (TAP) allows students to gain first-hand experience in the classroom your first semester on campus - and every semester thereafter
- A personal advisor to guide you through your college career
- Dedicated Field Placement support
- Access to a licensed Private Academic Lab School, Hobbit House, located right on campus
Nursing Transfer Students
Visit our transfer nursing programs page to learn more about why GMercyU’s Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions is one of the best nursing schools to transfer to in the Philadelphia area.
Psychology Transfer Students
GMercyU offers either a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA) or a Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS) for you to choose from. Both tracks covere important study areas of psychology, including human development, abnormal psychology, research methods, social psychology, and experimental psychology.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Psycholoy Degree:
- Learn how to organize, design, and carry out original research protocols so that you are fully prepared for your future
- Receive professional development guidance from highly trained faculty
- Get to attend at least one professional conference before you graduate for feedback and further investigational learning
Social Work Transfer Students
At GMercyU's School of Arts and Sciences, our bachelor of social work degree will provide a holistic approach to addressing the social and economic needs of individuals and communities in urban, suburban and rural areas.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Social Work Degree:
- A BSW program that addresses social problems and economic justice issues in keeping with our Catholic identity and the critical concerns of mercy
- Co-curricular organizations, such as Best Buddies, Mercy Works, Peer Mentoring, and Sigma Phi Sigma that provide experiential service learning opportunities
- Alternative Spring Break and other service learning programs where you can gain hands-on experience before you graduate
- Advanced standing in CSWE master’s degree programs, which means you can complete your MSW in just one year
Community College Transfer Students
We make it easy for community college transfers to continue their degree at GMercyU. We have dozens of articulation agreements and course equivalency guides with local community colleges to simplify the transfer process.
Transfer Student Admissions, Requirements, Credits & Program Info
Gwynedd Mercy University welcomes transfer students from two- and four-year colleges around the country and world. To review the requirements to transfer college credits, visit our College Transfer Credits page.
Will My Credits Transfer?
We have dozens of articulation agreements and course equivalency guides with area community colleges to streamline your path to a bachelor’s degree. Learn more about how you can transfer your college credits to GMercyU.
You also can contact our admissions office to review how your transfer college credits fit with our degree program requirements. Begin the transfer process today!
Join Us at A Transfer Tuesday Event
This is a perfect time to meet with an Admissions Counselor who can answer your questions and provide an unofficial transfer credit evaluation right on the spot. You also can take a campus tour! To sign up, go to our Events page and find a date that works for you; then reserve your spot by clicking on the registration link provided. See you soon!
Get the support you need
“Let me start by saying that GMercyU has changed my life. The students here on campus are really friendly and helpful. I chose GMercyU because it had everything I needed... It is only 15 minutes from my house, the classes are small, and the faculty will work with their students.”
Steph Sferco, who is a transfer student majoring in Pre-K-4 Education – Special Education, is on her way to becoming a Distinctive Mercy Graduate. You can be, too.
GMercyU makes transferring colleges affordable by offering transfer student scholarships and grants. They are available to full-time students with at least 24 credits from another postsecondary institution.