To apply to Gwynedd Mercy University as a transfer student, please submit the following materials:
- A completed application (available for free)
- Final, official high school transcript if you have 23 or fewer college credits
- Official transcripts from each college you attended
- One letter of recommendation
Call our Admissions Office at 800-342-5462 if you have questions about how to apply to GMercyU as a transfer student.
We look forward to reading your application!
GMercyU Transfer Student Requirements
Gwynedd Mercy University welcomes transfer students from two- and four-year colleges around the country and world. To transfer to GMercyU, you will need:
- At least a 2.0 GPA*
- To complete a minimum of 45 credits, including half of your core program requirements, at Gwynedd Mercy University*
You also can contact our admissions office to review how your transfer credits fit with our degree program requirements. Begin the transfer process today!
*Select programs may require a higher GPA and additional transfer requirements. Our Admissions team will help you determine what you need.
Get the support you need
“Let me start by saying that GMercyU has changed my life. The students here on campus are really friendly and helpful. I chose GMercyU because it had everything I needed... It is only 15 minutes from my house, the classes are small, and the faculty will work with their students.”
Steph Sferco, who is a transfer student majoring in Pre-K-4 Education – Special Education, is on her way to becoming a Distinctive Mercy Graduate. You can be, too.
Transfer Student Scholarships and Grants
GMercyU makes transferring colleges affordable by offering transfer student scholarships and grants. They are available to full-time students with at least 24 credits from another postsecondary institution.
- Gold Transfer Student Scholarship
- Requires 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 3.5 GPA at GMercyU
- Crimson Transfer Student Scholarship
- Requires 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA at GMercyU
- Transfer Student Grant
- Requires 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA at GMercyU
- Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Student Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa membership must be documented and verified
You can renew the Gold Scholarship, Crimson Scholarship, and transfer student grant for up to three additional years if you continue to meet eligibility requirements.