Transfer Student Admissions, Requirements, Credits & Program Info
The decision to transfer colleges is a big one. That's why we will work hard to help transfer students like you get all the credit you deserve! It's also why we have specially-trained admissions counselors ready to support you as you navigate the transfer admissions process.
Transfer Student Requirements, Credits, & Events
Transfer Student Scholarships
Transfer Credit Programs
Gwynedd Mercy University welcomes transfer students from two- and four-year colleges around the country and world. We have dozens of articulation agreements and course equivalency guides with area community colleges to streamline your path to a bachelor’s degree.
To review the requirements to transfer college credits, visit our College Transfer Credits page.
Contact our Admissions Office at 215-641-5510 or email@example.com and our specially-trained admissions counselors will review with you how your transfer college credits fit with our degree program requirements.
GMercyU makes transferring colleges affordable by offering transfer student scholarships and grants, which range from $2,000 to $15,000 annually. They are available to full-time students with at least 24 credits from another postsecondary institution.
Check out all of the details on our Transfer Student Scholarships and Grants page.
Although we accept Transfer students in all of our 30+ programs, we highlighted some transfer information for a select few below. Need more information? We're here to help!
Biology Transfer Programs
Business Transfer Programs
Criminal Justice Transfer Programs
Education Transfer Programs
Nursing Transfer Programs
Psychology Transfer Programs
Social Work Transfer Programs
The Biology program at GMercyU is rich with unique learning opportunities to prepare you for the workforce, graduate school, and beyond.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Biology Degree:
- No teaching assistants (TAs), so you are learning from professors with doctorate degrees and real-world experience
- Opportunities to conduct independent research and present at conferences - at the undergraduate level
- Every biology degree comes with a chemistry minor
- Gain experience through internship placements with companies like Johnson & Johnson and Emerson Diagnostic
By working with specially-trained admissions counselors and dedicated faculty members, you can continue pursuing your degree in Accounting, Digital Communications Management, Finance, and more in GMercyU’s School of Business. You can even take advantage of our 4+1 MBA program.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Business Degree:
- Unique learning opportunities utilizing our on-campus financial trading room, complete with a real-time stock ticker
- Take advantage of GMercyU’s specialized 4+1 MBA or CPA tracks
- Learn from faculty experts who are leaders in their fields
GMercyU’s Criminal Justice program teaches students to identify and analyze crimes using social science, forensic science, and political science. The combination of practical knowledge and theory prepare you for immediate entry into the field, as well as graduate or law school.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Criminal Justice Degree:
- Individualized instruction with our low 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Guided visits of local and state correctional facilities
- Student internship opportunities include local police departments, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, and more
Student today, educator tomorrow. Transfer to GMercyU’s School of Education to gain real hands-on experience and learn the necessary skills to shape our future generations.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Education Degree:
- GMercyU’s Teacher Apprentice Program (TAP) allows students to gain first-hand experience in the classroom your first semester on campus - and every semester thereafter
- A personal advisor to guide you through your college career
- Dedicated Field Placement support
- Access to a licensed Private Academic Lab School, Hobbit House, located right on campus
Visit our transfer nursing programs page to learn more about why GMercyU’s Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions is one of the best nursing schools to transfer to in the Philadelphia area.
GMercyU offers either a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA) or a Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS). Both tracks cover important study areas of psychology, including human development, abnormal psychology, research methods, social psychology, and experimental psychology.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Psychology Degree:
- Learn how to organize, design, and carry out original research protocols so that you are fully prepared for your future
- Receive professional development guidance from highly trained faculty
- Attend at least one professional conference before you graduate for feedback and further investigational learning
At GMercyU's School of Arts and Sciences, our bachelor of social work (BSW) degree will provide a holistic approach to addressing the social and economic needs of individuals and communities in urban, suburban and rural areas.
Benefits of Transferring to GMercyU to Complete Your Social Work Degree:
- A BSW program that addresses social problems and economic justice issues in keeping with our Catholic identity and the critical concerns of Mercy
- Co-curricular organizations, such as Best Buddies, Mercy Works, Peer Mentoring, and Sigma Phi Sigma that provide experiential service learning opportunities
- Alternative Spring Break and other service learning programs where you can gain hands-on experience before you graduate
- Advanced standing in CSWE master’s degree programs, which means you can complete your MSW in just one year