- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- Mercy in Action
You did it. You’re in! We are so excited to welcome you to the GMercyU community. But we’re even more excited to see what happens next. Once you confirm your acceptance, that’s when the fun really starts…
All we need to confirm your spot in the incoming class is your $200 acceptance deposit.* Please submit your deposit as soon as possible.
Pay online: Check your email! We have sent you instructions on how to log in to the GMercyU Student Self Service Portal (https://myss.gmercyu.edu/Student). Once in the Self Service Portal, you will be able to deposit online!
CAN'T FIND THE EMAIL? You may need to check your spam folder.
If you have questions or need help, please contact your Admissions Counselor or call 215-641-5510 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will help you.
If you haven’t already applied for financial aid, you should do so immediately. The first step is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA will help our financial aid office determine if you’re eligible for federal or state financial aid.*
Our financial aid experts are here to help answer your questions and guide you through the next steps. Find out more about the financial aid process.
*Not planning to submit a FAFSA? Please let us know!
To secure your spot in our residence halls, you will need to submit your housing application and deposit. The earlier the application and deposit are submitted, the more likely that preferences can be met. Learn more about living on campus.
While we have a rolling housing application process, the preferred deadline to receive the housing application and deposit is May 1.
Housing Application: Complete the 2021-2022 New Student Housing Application.
Housing Deposit: If you are interested in on-campus housing, you must submit an additional $200 housing deposit to secure your place.** You can submit your housing deposit the same way you submit your acceptance deposit - simply log in to the GMercyU Student Self Service Portal with the username and password provided to you via email.
***Fall housing deposit refunds are on the following schedule: Before 5/1/21- 100% refundable, 5/1/21-5/31/21 -$150 refundable, 6/1/21-6/30/21 - $50 refundable, after 7/1/21 $0 refundable.
We will be hosting Accepted Students Day on Saturday, March 20 and Saturday, April 10. This is your chance to learn even more about GMercyU, get answers to all of your questions, and confirm your spot by making your deposit.
If neither of these dates work, don't worry! You can schedule a campus visit on any day of the week and select Saturdays and receive the full ASD experience.
You can also immerse yourself in our student stories and learn more about the community to which you will soon belong.
In addition, all full-time students must have health insurance coverage, whether it is provided by the University or you have your own coverage. If you have your own insurance, you need to complete a health insurance waiver form* or you will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the University insurance plan.
If you have any questions about your health form or the health insurance waiver form, please contact Donna Ferguson at email@example.com.
*You will need your GMercyU Student ID in order to complete the Health Insurance Waiver Form. Your GMercyU Student ID is provided once you register for your first semester's courses. Please be sure you have registered for your courses prior to trying to complete the Insurance Waiver form. If you have questions about how to register for your first semester courses, please contact your admissions counselor or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that you are prepared to succeed in college-level courses, you will need to take the English and mathematics placement assessments before registering for your first semester at GMercyU.
You can access the placement assessments by going to the Placement Assessments Webpage. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com and someone will respond promptly.
Once you have completed your placement assessments, you will be contacted by a faculty advisor about registering for your first semester's courses.
The University’s Emergency Notification System sends messages to your cell phone and email address in the event of a public safety-related campus event. Please register at gmercyu.edu/e2campus-new-account. You’ll need your MyGMercyU Portal username and password to sign up. Your username and password was sent to you via email shortly after you submitted your acceptance deposit. Be sure to check your SPAM folder if you can’t find it, or contact the Admissions Office for assistance.
Please send your final transcripts to the Office of Admissions to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Gwynedd Mercy University
1325 Sumneytown Pike
P.O. Box 901
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437
Official transcripts may also be submitted electronically by your high school counselor, your college registrar’s office, or via Naviance or Parchment.
First-Year Students: Once you graduate, please send in your final high school transcripts. Financial Aid will not be disbursed until we receive your official transcripts. If an official high school transcript is not available due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will accept unofficial high school transcripts, as follows (in order of preference)*:
Transfer Students: Once you complete your final course at your current institution, please send in your final college transcripts. Financial Aid will not be disbursed until we receive your official transcripts. If an official college transcript(s) is not available due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may submit unofficial copies, as follows (in order of preference)*:
*You certify that the information submitted is true, accurate, and complete. Failure to make full and truthful disclosure of all information requested will result in disqualification or revocation of admission.
Due to COVID-19, we understand that you have not been able to come to campus to have your photo ID taken. No worries! Please email a “headshot” selfie from your GMercyU email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. The image should include just your face and neck, and please choose the highest resolution possible when emailing it.
Please be sure to review and accept your financial aid offer via the Student Self-Service Portal. Log into the portal with the username and password provided to you via email and then click on “Financial Aid” to access your aid, forms, and other important information.
There are several ways to pay your bill:
If you have any questions, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 215-646-7300 ext., 21278 or email@example.com.
Orientation information will be available in early summer.
After you enroll in at least one class, you will be assigned a GMercyU email address. All important GMercyU messages will be sent to you through your GMercyU email address, so it's important that you get set up well before your first class.
Want to know how you'll be matched with your roommate? How about whether or not you can have a car on campus? Check out the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about campus life.
You applied and were accepted, now it’s time to make it official! To join #GriffinNation21, your first step is to submit a deposit(s) to hold your place in our incoming class. Acceptance and Housing deposits are paid online through GMercyU’s Student Self-Service Portal. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered! Just follow these step-by-step instructions.
1. Sign in to your Self-Service account. You should have received your username and password in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org a few days after you were accepted. Can’t find it in your inbox, junk, or spam folder? Please reach out to your Admissions Counselor or speak to a staff member at the Admissions table!
2. Go to Self-Service at https://myss.gmercyu.edu/Student. Please note that this is the only way that new students can access the Self-Service portal—you cannot do it through the GMercyU website!
3. In the email with your username, you will also find the format for your password. The email is from email@example.com. Can’t find it in your inbox, junk, or spam folder? Please reach out to your Admissions Counselor or speak to a staff member at the Admissions table at Accepted Student Day!
**Make sure you're updating the password using the instructions in parenthesis! You need to change MMDD to your two-digit birth month and day, otherwise, you won't be able to log in. For example, if a student's birthday is January 1, they'd need to put 0101 before the rest of the password in order to access their account.**
4. Once you log in to Self-Service, click on the Student Finance tab. That is where you will be able to pay your deposit online.
5. The next screen will show an Account Summary. You’ll noticed that the balances are all set at $0.00—that’s perfectly normal! You won’t see actual balances there until the first billing statement is sent out. All you need to do is click the “Make a Deposit” link on the right side of the screen.
6. After you click the link, you will be redirected to our secure payment site—Touchnet—which will look like this:
7. 7. At the bottom of the screen, select the deposit you want to pay from the drop-down menu. Please note that you can only pay one deposit at a time! We recommend paying the Acceptance Deposit first, then completing a separate transaction for the Housing Deposit if you plan to live on campus.
8. Once you select a deposit type, click the green “Continue” button to move forward.
9. On the next screen, you’ll be instructed to select a payment method. The deposits can be paid either by Electronic Check or Credit Card.
10. If paying by electronic check, you need to select the Account Type (Checking or Savings) and have both the Routing Number and Bank Account Number on hand—both of these can be found on the bottom of a check. Complete the form by adding your billing information, then click “Continue” to move to the confirmation page.
11. If paying by credit card, put in the card number, then click the green “Continue” button. On the next page, you’ll be asked to provide additional information about the card as well as a billing address. When you finish adding this information, click “Continue” to move to the confirmation page.
12. You’re almost done! The last thing you need to do is review your payment information and click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen. Please note that a confirmation email will automatically be sent to the personal email account that we have on file for you—so make sure to check your junk or spam folders for it (and forward it to your parents if necessary)!
13. Now, it’s official! Take some time to celebrate and soak in the moment. If you have any questions or concerns, reach out to the Office of Admissions at 215-641-5510 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Welcome to the GMercyU Family!
*Acceptance deposits are non-refundable and applied to your tuition.