- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- Mercy & Tradition
You did it. You’re in! We are so excited to welcome you to the GMercyU community. But we’re even more excited to see what happens next. Once you confirm your acceptance, that’s when the fun really starts…
All we need to confirm your spot in the incoming class is your $200 acceptance deposit. Please submit your deposit as soon as possible.
Pay online: Check your email! We have sent you instructions on how to log in to the GMercyU Student Self Service Portal (https://myss.gmercyu.edu/Student). Once in the Self Service Portal, you will be able to deposit online!
CAN'T FIND THE EMAIL? You may need to check your spam folder.
If you have questions or need help, please contact your Admissions Counselor or call 215-641-5510 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will help you.
If you haven’t already applied for financial aid, you should do so immediately. The first step is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The FAFSA will help our financial aid office determine if you’re eligible for federal or state financial aid.*
Our financial aid experts are here to help answer your questions and guide you through the next steps. Find out more about the financial aid process.
*Not planning to submit a FAFSA? Please let us know!
To secure your spot in our residence halls, you will need to submit your housing application and deposit. The earlier the application and deposit are submitted, the more likely that preferences can be met. Learn more about living on campus.
While we have a rolling housing application process, the preferred deadline to receive the housing application and deposit is June 1.
Housing Application: Complete the 2020-2021 New Student Housing Application.
Housing Deposit: If you are interested in on-campus housing, you must submit an additional $200 housing deposit to secure your place.** You can submit your housing deposit the same way you submit your acceptance deposit - simply log in to the GMercyU Student Self Service Portal with the username and password provided to you via email.
***Fall housing deposit refunds are on the following schedule: Before 5/1/20- 100% refundable, 5/1/20-5/31/20 -$150 refundable, 6/1/20-6/30/20 - $50 refundable, after 7/1/20 $0 refundable.
You can also immerse yourself in our student stories and learn more about the community to which you will soon belong.
In addition, all students must have health insurance coverage, whether it is provided by the University or you have your own coverage. If you have your own insurance, you need to complete a health insurance waiver form or you will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the University insurance plan.
Check out the main session of our Virtual Accepted Student Day, which was originally held on Saturday, April 18. Please contact email@example.com to get the link to your individual Facutly Session.
To ensure that you are prepared to succeed in college-level courses, you will need to take the English and mathematics placement assessments before registering for your first semester at GMercyU.
You can access the placement assessments by going to the Placement Assessments Webpage. If you have any questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond promptly.
Griffin K.E.Y.S. is your time to get check off everything on your list. You’ll register for classes, meet with financial aid, get your Student ID and hang with fellow Griffins.
Your Admissions Counselor will be reaching out to you with more information.
Check back soon for more information!
First-Year Students: Once you graduate, please send in your final high school transcripts. Financial Aid will not be disbursed until we receive your official transcripts.
Transfer Students: Once you complete your final course at your current institution, please send in your final college transcripts. Financial Aid will not be disbursed until we receive your official transcripts.
Please send your final transcripts to the Office of Admissions to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Gwynedd Mercy University
1325 Sumneytown Pike
P.O. Box 901
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437
Official transcripts may also be submitted electronically by your high school counselor, your college registrar’s office, or via Naviance or Parchment.
After you enroll in at least one class, you will be assigned a GMercyU email address. All important GMercyU messages will be sent to you through your GMercyU email address, so it's important that you get set up well before your first class.
Want to know how you'll be matched with your roommate? How about whether or not you can have a car on campus? Check out the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about campus life.
Orientation is the kickoff to your GMercyU journey! This is when you'll move into your residence hall, participate in the Day of Service tradition, and hang out with your fellow Griffins at different events on campus.
You applied and were accepted, now it’s time to make it official! To join #GriffinNation20, your first step is to submit a deposit(s) to hold your place in our incoming class. Acceptance and Housing deposits are paid online through GMercyU’s Student Self-Service Portal. Not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered! Just follow these step-by-step instructions.
1. Sign in to your Self-Service account. You should have received your username and password in an email from email@example.com a few days after you were accepted. Can’t find it in your inbox, junk, or spam folder? Please reach out to your Admissions Counselor or speak to a staff member at the Admissions table!
2. Go to Self-Service at https://myss.gmercyu.edu/Student. Please note that this is the only way that new students can access the Self-Service portal—you cannot do it through the GMercyU website!
3. In the email with your username, you will also find the format for your password. The email is from firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t find it in your inbox, junk, or spam folder? Please reach out to your Admissions Counselor or speak to a staff member at the Admissions table at Accepted Student Day!
**Make sure you're updating the password using the instructions in parenthesis! You need to change MMDD to your two-digit birth month and day, otherwise, you won't be able to log in. For example, if a student's birthday is January 1, they'd need to put 0101 before the rest of the password in order to access their account.**
4. Once you log in to Self-Service, click on the Student Finance tab. That is where you will be able to pay your deposit online.
5. The next screen will show an Account Summary. You’ll noticed that the balances are all set at $0.00—that’s perfectly normal! You won’t see actual balances there until the first billing statement is sent out. All you need to do is click the “Make a Deposit” link on the right side of the screen.
6. After you click the link, you will be redirected to our secure payment site—Touchnet—which will look like this:
7. 7. At the bottom of the screen, select the deposit you want to pay from the drop-down menu. Please note that you can only pay one deposit at a time! We recommend paying the Acceptance Deposit first, then completing a separate transaction for the Housing Deposit if you plan to live on campus.
8. Once you select a deposit type, click the green “Continue” button to move forward.
9. On the next screen, you’ll be instructed to select a payment method. The deposits can be paid either by Electronic Check or Credit Card.
10. If paying by electronic check, you need to select the Account Type (Checking or Savings) and have both the Routing Number and Bank Account Number on hand—both of these can be found on the bottom of a check. Complete the form by adding your billing information, then click “Continue” to move to the confirmation page.
11. If paying by credit card, put in the card number, then click the green “Continue” button. On the next page, you’ll be asked to provide additional information about the card as well as a billing address. When you finish adding this information, click “Continue” to move to the confirmation page.
12. You’re almost done! The last thing you need to do is review your payment information and click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen. Please note that a confirmation email will automatically be sent to the personal email account that we have on file for you—so make sure to check your junk or spam folders for it (and forward it to your parents if necessary)!
13. Now, it’s official! Take some time to celebrate and soak in the moment. If you have any questions or concerns, reach out to the Office of Admissions at 215-641-5510 or email@example.com. Welcome to the GMercyU Family!