Let us serve YOU
Military-Friendly Admissions and Programs
A Military-Friendly School That Fits
There isn’t a ready-made plan that fits every active duty service member, veteran, and military dependent or spouse looking to earn their college degree. But, there can be a plan that fits your individual needs at Gwynedd Mercy University.
That’s why Gwynedd Mercy University is a five-time G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School. We’re a military-friendly university in Pennsylvania that participates in all VA educational benefits programs. Unlike some other schools, GMercyU does not cap the number of students who can receive Yellow Ribbon benefits or limit Yellow Ribbon offerings by degree level or program type. Apply today!
Belong at Gwynedd Mercy University
Gwynedd Mercy University’s military culture is about belonging to a community of people who have similar life experiences, share your understanding of the world, and are pursuing education in nontraditional ways. GMercyU is where you go to find camaraderie and people who want to make a difference.
Here are just a few ways GMercyU supports military-related students:
- Flexible on-campus, online and accelerated degree program options to suit your needs at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Coursework you can apply to your life and career immediately
- Scholarships and other tuition benefits
Gwynedd Mercy University is also a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges, which strives to help service members complete their college degree as quickly as possible.
Yellow Ribbon Program Military Benefits
Gwynedd Mercy University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, giving students more ways to take advantage of the educational benefits of military service.
There is no limit to the number of students who can receive Yellow Ribbon benefits at GMercyU. We offer them to all students who have 100 percent of their Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits. You can be a full-time, part-time, graduate, undergraduate, on-campus, or online/accelerated student.
- If you qualify, GMercyU offers substantial tuition benefits, up to full tuition!
Options for Military Spouses and Dependents
Military dependents and spouses of veterans may also be eligible for these benefits. You can apply for benefits online through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Gwynedd Mercy University covers remaining tuition expenses for all students with 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits through the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship. We award the scholarship to an unlimited number of eligible students, regardless of degree type.
Other Tuition Benefits for Military Students
Gwynedd Mercy University offers several other financial benefits to military-related students:
- Federal Tuition Assistance. Active duty military personnel are eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance at Gwynedd Mercy University. We accept Federal Tuition Assistance for on-campus and online/accelerated graduate and undergraduate students.
- Military Recognition Scholarship. National Guard and active reservists enrolled at our Main Campus in Gwynedd Valley, PA location may be eligible for the Military Recognition Scholarship. Full-time, undergraduate, first-degree students can receive a $6,000 scholarship and part-time students can receive a 30-percent tuition discount.
Other institutional grants and scholarships may be available to military-related students.
Contact Admissions to learn more about what benefits you’re eligible for at Gwynedd Mercy University. We’re happy to walk you through the application process.
If you’re interested in enrolling in a four-year degree program on our Main Campus in Gwynedd Valley, PA, call 800-342-5462.
To learn more about our online/accelerated options, call 877-531-7941.