Gwynedd Mercy University offers an impressive mix of top-notch liberal arts education and real-world experience, making it a top history school in PA. Here you'll find ample opportunity to hone your skills, develop a career path, and map out your future while gaining real-world experience through our history program. As a GMercyU history major, you can:
- Earn hands-on experience through internship placements at historical societies, archives, and sites throughout Pennsylvania
- Perform original research at area archives
- Present your work at an academic conference
- Learn to educate others. By completing our secondary education certification, you'll earn both a degree in history and a certification to teach social studies at a secondary level.
- Prepare for a career in law. When you pursue our pre-law option, you'll earn a bachelor's in history and prepare yourself for specialized work in law at the same time.
Our full-time faculty members hold doctoral degrees and are known for their academic expertise. Our part-time history faculty members also hold advanced degrees and possess a range of specialties in the field.
Thanks to a multidisciplinary background in arts, sciences, and humanities along with their particular understanding of history, GMercyU's history major graduates go on to pursue careers in law, education, politics, media, management, and more.
Increase the value of your BA in History degree by adding an undergraduate minor. GMercyU offers a wide variety of minors so you can choose the one that best meets your personal and professional goals.