Online Accelerated MS in Educational Administration - Curriculum & Instruction
Develop Programs that Reach the 21st Century Student
The need for quality education never changes—but the tools, techniques, and content of that education evolve every day. Develop the knowledge and leadership capabilities your school needs and prepare to earn Supervisory Certification in Curriculum and Instruction with Gwynedd Mercy University.
The GMercyU Difference
Our 33-credit online Master of Science in Educational Administration - Curriculum and Instruction can prepare you to provide advanced curriculum planning and instructional guidance to teachers in your school or at the district level. After completing our program, you will be prepared to act as:
- An assessor and evaluator of students and teachers
- A developer of professional educators
- An instructional specialist
- An agent for change
This accelerated, convenient professional development program features a blend of online coursework and in-person practicum experiences. Courses are presented in an accelerated schedule of seven-week blocks.
You can collaborate with our expert faculty members and your classmates using industry-leading interactive online instruction tools powered by Teachscape® and gain access to a K-12 resource library. With GMercyU, you can prepare for the challenges of curriculum leadership without disrupting your busy schedule.
What You Will Learn – Online MSEA in Curriculum and Instruction
The online MS in Educational Administration with a focus in curriculum and instruction provides comprehensive professional preparation to take you from leading in the classroom to leading within your school. The combination of rigorous course content and engaging learning experiences hones your presentation, research and communication skills while extending your technical knowledge of teaching and learning.
As a GMercyU graduate, you will be able to:
- Identify and use instructional methods and curricula that are appropriate and effective in meeting the needs of individual learners
- Think and plan strategically to create an organizational vision focused on student success and communicate the vision to all relevant stakeholders
- Create an organizational culture of teaching and learning in which student learning is paramount
- Manage resources effectively to bring about desired results
- Collaborate, communicate and empower others inside and outside the organization to pursue excellence in learning
- Operate fairly and equitably, exhibiting personal and professional integrity
A Community of Professional Educators that Inspires and Motivates
When you choose to make GMercyU your educational partner, you join a community of experienced and distinguished educators. We choose faculty members whose achievements inspire us. In our small classes, you will benefit from their years of direct school experience, achievements in academia, and passion for teaching. Their insights and mentorship will help you become a force for change in your school community.
After graduation, you and your classmates will join our extensive network of alumni. The colleagues, contacts, and friends you find at GMercyU will inspire you to continue to discover the Next.
Admission Requirements – MS in Educational Administration - Curriculum and Instruction
To qualify for admission to our MS in Educational Administration, you must provide:
- Proof you have obtained a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0*
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended
- Proof of a current Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate
- A completed application form with fee
- A current professional resume demonstrating at least three years of full-time teaching experience
- A writing sample stating your professional and academic goals (one page, double-spaced)
- Two completed supervisory reference forms
- A minimum score of 550 (written), 213 (computer), or 79 (internet) on the TOEFL examination if English is not your native language
*If your GPA was lower than 3.0, we encourage you to apply for evaluation on a case by case basis. Personal interviews may be required for any candidates as determined by the admissions committee.
Inspire Instructional Excellence
Learn more about how you can become a curriculum and instruction supervisor with our innovative online master’s degree program. Call 844-707-9064 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to contact an admissions counselor. You also can begin your application online now!
The online MS in Educational Administration (Curriculum and Instruction Supervisor concentration) is a 20-month program that consists of 33 credits. After successfully passing these courses, you may apply to take any required certification exams to obtain your Supervisory Curriculum and Instruction Certification in Pennsylvania.
Please note that, per Pennsylvania Department of Education regulations, you must have at least five (5) years of full-time teaching experience with an Instructional I certification before you can obtain certification. You will need to have at least three years of experience when you begin your master’s degree in order to meet this requirement at the time of graduation.
Course Requirements – 33 credits
|EDU 510||Research Skills for Reflective Practitioners|
|EDU 502||The Learning and Teaching Process|
|EDU 578||Educational Leadership|
|EDU 572||Curriculum and Instructional Supervision|
|EDU 574||School Law and Policy Issues|
|EDU 576||Human Resources and Staff Development|
|EDU 579||Current Issues in Education|
|EDU 591||Standards Aligned Systems Curriculum Development and Peer Coaching|
|EDU 620||Research, Analysis, and Assessment of Outcomes|
|EDU 595||Practicum I: Leadership in Supervision and School Administration|
|EDU 622||Practicum II: Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction|
To review course descriptions, please refer to the graduate catalog (PDF).
Our Outstanding Faculty
What You Can Do With a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction
GMercyU’s MSEA program equips you to become a leader and advocate for excellent teaching and curriculum design. After completing our program, you can qualify for Curriculum and Instruction Supervisory Certification in Pennsylvania.
Please note: If you teach in another state, you should confirm with your department of education that our program meets its requirements.