Online Accelerated MBA in Healthcare Administration
The Skills Development You Need to Lead in Health Care
Do more to support the practitioners and patients you serve: earn your online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Health Care Administration with Gwynedd Mercy University.
Fall 2024 (apply by August 1, 2024)
100% online, asynchronous
Continue working as you complete one course at a time in 7-week accelerated sessions
Healthcare professionals (hospital, pharmaceutical, revenue cycle management, nursing leadership professionals)
10% tuition grant for GMercyU grads
After completing your health care MBA with us, you can:
- Improve your performance as a manager of facilities, operations, or human resources in a health care setting
- Pursue advanced roles in care facilities, insurance companies, medical manufacturers, and more
- Prepare to establish your own health care-related business
We offer you a choice of accelerated online or on campus study in order to accommodate your professional and family obligations. Both formats introduce you to GMercyU’s vibrant learning community, where classmates and professors will challenge you to become the adaptive, versatile, and self-reflective leader today’s health care industry needs.
The MBA in Health Care Administration is a two-year advanced degree program. You will take 10 courses: seven foundation courses (a total of 21 credits) and three courses in your concentration (nine additional credits). Courses run one at a time, in seven-week sessions.
|MBA 600||Ethical Decision Making and Corporate Social Responsibility|
|MBA 610||Strategic Management|
|MBA 620||Accounting for Decision Makers|
|MBA 630||Marketing Planning|
|MBA 640||Managing Business Operations|
|MBA 650||Managerial Finance|
|MBA 660||Capstone Business Plan|
|MBA 730||Health Care Budgeting, Planning and Finance|
|MBA 740||Managing Health Care Delivery|
|MBA 750||Health Care Information Systems|
To review course descriptions, please refer to the graduate catalog.
The MBA in Health Care Administration builds on your previous experience in health care to prepare you for executive-track career opportunities. The program features academic rigor tempered by practical skills development in writing, presenting, research, and leadership. You will emerge from this program with advanced professional competencies and a service-oriented mindset that inspires you to see your work as an opportunity for service to society.
As a graduate of our program, you will be able to:
- Perform research and write about ideas and arguments associated with business issues to a high standard using APA format
- Verbally communicate ideas and arguments associated with business issues in a clear and persuasive manner
- Apply knowledge and skills to make appropriate business decisions
- Apply critical thinking to real life work problems through the application of theoretical and experiential knowledge
- Identify issues and strategies related to corporate social responsibility and its implications for business
- Apply technical knowledge of the health care industry to solve workplace problems in health care settings
We have designed our MBA program around a cohort model with small classes. This means that you have the opportunity to establish close professional and personal relationships with classmates through collaboration on projects.
At GMercyU, we select faculty members who bring advanced academic achievement, significant industry experience, and a passion for developing leaders to the classroom. Their mentorship can help you refine your goals and explore new professional interests as you prepare to take your place among the next generation of health care leaders.
After graduation, you’ll become part of our thousands-strong alumni community, a worldwide network of leaders who can help you continue to advance your career.