Why should you pursue your BSN at GMercyU's night nursing school? A BSN degree is the standard for entry-level nursing positions today and is increasingly a prerequisite for work in hospital settings. Offered on our 314-acre campus in Gwynedd Valley, Pa., our Weekend BSN program can be completed in just three years. Because all face-to-face classes are held on the weekends, you have the option of maintaining your regular work and home schedule during the week. This is an excellent option if you want to become a nurse, but also need to continue working while earning your degree.
Gwynedd Mercy University’s nursing curriculum will help you develop your clinical, leadership, interpersonal and technological skills. With our night nursing program, we offer:
- A Weekend BSN degree program that can be completed in as few as three years
- State-of-the-art technology, including SIM mannequins and Advanced Video System (AVS) replay for improved confidence and deeper understanding
- 200+ regional health care affiliations
- Richer learning experience with our low 13:1 laboratory and 8:1 clinical student-faculty ratios
- All courses taught by experienced credentialed instructors with clinical backgrounds (no teaching assistants)
- Diverse, real-world clinical preparation featuring actual patient care and interaction with health care professionals in a variety of specialties and settings
- Degree program approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
With GMercyU's Weekend BSN, you can earn your degree with a part-time nursing program made to fit your schedule. You will take courses on Saturdays and Sundays during the day, and on some Friday evenings. You also will take online summer courses for two summers. In just three years, you can earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree and transition to a nursing career with confidence.
Our evening nursing program isn't your only opportunity! With both full-time and part-time nursing programs in Pa., GMercyU has the perfect program to fit your needs. If you want to earn your BSN degree more quickly and are able to take classes as a full-time student, we also offer a full-time, 16-month Accelerated BSN program on our Gwynedd Valley and Bensalem campuses.
If you are interested in applying to GMercyU's Weekend BSN program, use this application.
Licensure: This program was designed to meet national licensure requirements. Carefully review the process of your home state’s licensure requirements for more specific details on applying for a RN license.
Increase the value of your degree by adding an undergraduate minor. GMercyU offers a wide variety of minors so you can choose the one that best meets your personal and professional goals.