Accelerated College Degree Programs
Earn Your Degree with Accelerated Courses at GMercyU
Ready to open the door to new career opportunities? GMercyU makes earning the degree you need to make it happen even more accessible with accelerated program options. Available on campus and online, our accelerated programs cover one course at a time, helping you focus your energies on one set of concepts.
Accelerated Programs at GMercyU
We offer accelerated courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and certificate level. Accelerated courses run on the following plan:
- Undergraduate degrees and certificates: Five-week courses
- Graduate degrees and certificates: Seven-week courses
Choose from accelerated programs in business, nursing, education, counseling, and psychology. With GMercyU, there’s an accelerated degree to help you reach your personal and professional goals.
Accelerated Business Degrees:
- Accelerated Associate of Science in Business Administration: This foundational degree teaches skills for entry-level career opportunities in business.
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Organizational Management: Complete your business bachelor’s degree with a focus on management of people, processes, and finances.
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Health Administration: Gain skills for supporting patients and practitioners in the fast-growing health administration field.
- Accelerated Master of Business Administration – Health Care Administration: Develop core business leadership skills plus specialized, advanced knowledge for directing health care operations and finance.
- Accelerated Master of Business Administration – Strategic Management and Leadership: Develop executive-level skills and knowledge for starting new businesses and leading existing ones to new successes.
- Accelerated Master of Business Administration – Transportation Leadership: This specialized MBA teaches knowledge and skills for private and public passenger transport and logistics organizations.
- Accelerated Graduate Business Certificate – Strategic Management: Extend what you learned in your MBA with four courses covering strategy, marketing, finance, and accounting.
- Accelerated Graduate Business Certificate – Health Care Administration: Gain sector-specific knowledge in finance, health care delivery, and health care information systems.
- Accelerated Graduate Business Certificate – Leadership: Gain knowledge of corporate social responsibility, managing global teams, and more.
- Accelerated Graduate Business Certificate – Transportation Leadership: Take courses in transport sector finance, operations, and emergency management.
Accelerated Nursing Degrees:
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing: GMercyU's ABSN program prepares those with a bachelor’s degree in another field to transition into a nursing career.
- Accelerated Health and Nursing Prerequisite Courses: Prepares you to enroll in a nursing bachelor’s degree with accelerated courses in health and laboratory sciences.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Nursing – Clinical Nurse Specialist (Adult-Gerontology): This two-year MSN equips you to provide expert patient care in a variety of clinical settings.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator: Prepare to train a new generation of nurses in academic and clinical environments.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Practitioner (Adult Gerontology or Pediatrics): Gain the skills and knowledge you need to provide primary care across the lifespan.
- Accelerated Post-Master’s Certificate – Primary Care (Adult Gerontology or Pediatrics): Enhance your previous MSN with target coursework designed to prepare you to practice as a nurse practitioner.
- Accelerated Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Take your clinical skills and knowledge to the highest level of nursing practice and prepare for leadership in the profession.
Accelerated Education Degrees:
- Accelerated Master of Science in Education – Master Teacher Program: Connect to your students more effectively with this degree for experienced classroom teachers.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Education – Secondary Education Certification: Touch lives as a secondary teacher with our program which can prepare you for the Pennsylvania Instructional I Certification.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Special Education – Pre-K-8: Prepare for a career working with exceptional students in primary and middle school.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Educational Administration with K-12 Principal Certification: Build skills for leading departments, schools, and connecting with communities.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction Supervision: Help shape educational programs and coach teachers on best-practice teaching methods with this degree.
- Accelerated K-12 Principal Certification: Educators who already hold a master’s degree can prepare for leadership as a principal or administrator.
- Accelerated Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction Certification: Build on your master’s degree with courses designed to equip you for curriculum and instruction supervision.
- Accelerated Pre-K-8 Special Education Certification: Take your teaching skills further with this special education certification program for working teachers.
- Accelerated Superintendent Certification: If you hold a master’s or doctoral degree, you can build the executive skills and knowledge you need to pursue superintendent certification.
- Accelerated Supervisor of Special Education Certification: Experienced special education teachers can build skills for leading programs and mentoring new professionals.
- Accelerated Executive Doctorate in Educational Leadership: Our unique Ed.D. program provides dissertation support from day one, with three concentration options.
- Accelerated A.B.D. Completion Program – Doctorate in Educational Leadership: Get the support you need to complete a doctorate you began elsewhere and take your place among today’s education leaders.
Accelerated Counseling Degrees:
- Accelerated Master of Science in Counseling – School Counseling: Help children and young people achieve goals, overcome obstacles, and prepare for their futures.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Counseling – Clinical Mental Health: Provide skilled support and empowerment to people in need as a clinical mental health counselor.
- Accelerated Master of Science in Counseling – College Counseling Student Affairs: Be an advisor to and advocate for students in many post-secondary educational settings and career advising services.
- Accelerated Post-Master’s Pk-12 School Counseling Certification: Build on your previous counseling or education master’s with a certification program that teaches school counseling knowledge.
Accelerated Psychology Degree:
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Applied Psychology: Use psychological principles to make better decisions in a range of industries with this two-year degree completion program.
Benefits of Earning an Accelerated Degree
When you earn your degree in a program with accelerated coursework, you give yourself the opportunity to:
- Complete the same number of courses you would in a typical year while focusing on one topic at a time.
- Gain a deeper understanding of concepts within each course.
- Build meaningful relationships with each course instructor and benefit from personalized attention.
For more information about our online degree programs, or to begin your application, contact GMercyU today!