New Student Orientation
The mission of the Gwynedd Mercy University New Student Orientation program is to provide the necessary foundation for first-year and transfer students to successfully join our community by instilling the GMercyU mission and core values, offering the support for students to be academically successful, and fostering positive interactions and relationships with all members of our community. We aim to connect our new griffins and their families to our GMercyU resources.
Goals & Learning Outcomes
- To teach the mission, core values and history/story of Mercy.
- Students will understand how these concepts permeate the fabric of the institution (academic/co-curricular).
- Students will apply what they learn during orientation and beyond.
- To prepare students with the understanding of their responsibilities for their academic success through general knowledge of campus procedures.
- Students will know their responsibilities to prepare for academic success and know how to locate academic resources including classrooms and advisors.
- To help students understand how the GMercyU community functions as a collaborative, diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment.
- Students will know how to access the code of conduct and support resources including Title IX, Health and Wellness, and Counseling.
- To welcome new students to our inclusive and supportive environment.
- Students will make friends, meet faculty and staff, and feel confident in their decision and comfortable in our community.
Schedules will be available later this summer!
Check back for answers to all of your Orientation-related questions!
Check back soon!
Office of Student Activities and Leadership Programs
Gwynedd Mercy University
1325 Sumneytown Pike
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437