Online RN to BSN Program (Accelerated, Fast Track)
RN to BSN: The Next Stage in Your Nursing Career Journey
Ready to do more for patients? Build on your experience as a Registered Nurse: earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with Gwynedd Mercy University. Our trusted RN to BSN program helps you deepen your critical thinking capabilities, clinical knowledge, and nursing leadership skills—all in an accelerated, two-year format that respects your busy schedule.
Benefits of Earning your RN to BSN Degree
Earning your BSN with GMercyU improves your career prospects, as health employers prefer to hire and promote nurses with the additional skills a BSN offers.
As a graduate of our RN-BSN program, you can:
- Qualify for a wider variety of nursing roles, such as case management, school nursing, and more
- Play a more active role in treating patients and educating them about self-care
- Prepare for management-track nursing positions
- Supervise student nurses during their clinical rotations
- Establish the academic foundation you need to pursue a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
This bachelor’s completion program features the comprehensive curriculum that is a hallmark of GMercyU’s nursing programs and is offerred completely online. This format gives you the flexibility needed as well as brings you into GMercyU’s active nursing community, where you can benefit from the expertise of our professors and our deep regional connections to a wide variety of health care organizations.
What You Will Learn – RN to BSN Completion Program
Our program provides comprehensive professional development of your nursing capabilities, including clinical knowledge, research skills, and practical strategies for treating patients or managing teams. In addition, it offers you an opportunity to explore the nursing vocation and envision new possibilities for yourself and your patients.
As a graduate of our accelerated RN to BSN completion program, you will be able to:
- Synthesize knowledge from the humanities, natural and behavioral/social sciences with current nursing knowledge as a basis for nursing practice
- Formulate nursing decisions which reflect consistency with moral, ethical and legal principles.
- Use current professional standards to evaluate nursing practice of self and other members of the nursing team
- Collaborate with other health care providers and consumers in promoting the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for direct and/or indirect nursing interventions and their outcomes
- Refer individuals, families and groups to appropriate community resources
- Use evidence-based nursing practice to improve the health of individuals, families and communities
- Communicate effectively with diverse groups and disciplines
- Become a leader within nursing and interdisciplinary health teams in a variety of settings
- Function as a patient advocate to facilitate access to health care
- Create a healing environment through the therapeutic use of self when caring for individuals, families, and communities
- Analyze the nursing care environment through the use of technological knowledge and skills
A Nursing Educational Community 50 Years in the Making
Gwynedd Mercy University has been a leading nursing school for more than 50 years. The community of nursing experts, scholars, and regional health care leaders we have developed—not to mention our thousands of nursing alumni—is an invaluable resource for your professional development and personal enrichment.
Our nursing faculty members bring clinical expertise and a passion for the nursing profession to the class. In our small classes, they will become your partners and mentors as you prepare to discover the Next.
Potential Jobs and Salary Information for RN to BSN Degrees
|Operating Room Nurse||$34.00 hourly rate||$70,720 yearly*|
|Emergency Room Nurse||$33.88 hourly rate||$70,470 yearly*|
|ICU Nurse||$33.75 hourly rate||$70,200 yearly*|
|Surgical Nurse||$31.82 hourly rate||$66,186 yearly*|
|Registered Nurse Case Manager||$35.61 hourly rate||$74,069 yearly*|
*Salary averages calculated by hourly rate based off of a 40 hours a week in a 52 week year.
RN to BSN Program Curriculum
The RN to BSN program at GMercyU is a two-year degree completion program developed for licensed RNs who are graduates of an associate degree program or a hospital-based program. Our curriculum includes a set of required nursing courses. Depending on your previous training, you may need to take additional prerequisites, general education, or elective courses. This is most common for students who became nurses through a diploma program.
|NUR 323||Professional Issues in Nursing|
|ECN 101||Economic Problems|
|NUR 322||Health Assessment II|
|BIO 317||Advanced Physiology I|
|BIO 318||Advanced Physiology II|
|NUR 311||Community Health Nursing: Individuals and Family|
|NUR 321||Community Health Nursing: Community as Client|
|RS 2000||Encountering Sacred Writings|
|NUR 415||Selected Health Problems of Women and Children|
|HIS 2000||Conflict and Consensus in History|
|NUR 412||Research Processes in Nursing Practice|
|NUR 430||Genomics in Nursing|
|NUR 4000||Leadership and Management in Professional Nursing|
A minimum of 45 credits is required to complete your RN to BSN degree.
To review course descriptions, please refer to the undergraduate catalog (PDF).
Continue Your Nursing Journey with GMercyU's Online RN to BSN Program
In addition to the University’s accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs as well as the post-graduate APRN certificate program in Gwynedd Mercy University's Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.ccneaccreditation.org).