As a Mercy University committed to academic excellence, we value:
Integrity in Word and Deed
Respect for the Dignity of Each Person
Service to Society
Social Justice in a Diverse World
With a special focus on the Critical Concerns of the Sisters of Mercy: Earth, Immigration, Anti-Racism, Non-Violence, Women
Statement of Beliefs
At Gwynedd Mercy University, we believe:
- That education is a lifelong process that enriches the intellectual, moral, and spiritual life of the individual and prepares one for an active role in society
- That a solid liberal arts foundation is the best preparation for life and work
- That the cultivation of compassion, intellectual inquiry, dedication to truth, mercy, and justice is essential in improving the human condition
- That education is a process of transforming oneself and society
- That individual attention in a caring environment promotes learning
On the road to becoming Distinctive Mercy Graduates, we offer a warm, welcoming and inclusive community in which each student can learn and grow.
Statement on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Read GMercyU's full statement here, inspired by our mission, core values, and our identity as a Catholic, Mercy university.
With a spirit of growth in mind, let’s continue working together toward a more equitable, inclusive environment at GMercyU, one that truly supports our mission in preparing students for successful careers and meaningful lives in a global society.
—President Deanne H. D’Emilio, JD