Transferring College Course Credits to GMercyU

How Do College Credit Transfers Work?

To transfer credit from a two- or four-year school to Gwynedd Mercy University, you will need to provide your transcript(s) and speak with a specially-trained transfer admissions counselor. Your coursework at prior colleges and universities is then evaluated and transfer credit is granted for courses that are equivalent to Gwynedd Mercy University courses and fulfill curriculum requirements. Once you have been admitted to the University and your transcript(s) have been submitted, you can expect an official transfer credit evaluation within about two weeks.

Will My Credits Transfer?

Gwynedd Mercy University grants college transfer credit for work completed at other colleges and universities if the course content is comparable to what is offered at GMercyU. Whether you’re transferring from community college, another two-year institution, or a four-year institution, we will help you get the most out of your transfer credits.

As a transfer student, you can:

  • Transfer in up to 75 qualifying credits from another accredited college or university
  • Take advantage of the many articulation agreements and course equivalency guides we have with area community colleges
  • Receive a credit transfer evaluation at no charge

Apply to GMercyU as a Transfer Student

To apply to Gwynedd Mercy University as a transfer student, please submit the following materials:

  • A completed application (available for free)
  • Final, official high school transcript if you have 23 or less college credits
  • Official transcripts from each college you attended
  • 1 Letter of Recommendation (optional - not required)

For more information on Gwynedd Mercy University transfer credits and how to apply to GMercyU as a transfer student, please contact Paul Rymal, assistant director of undergraduate admissions, at or 215-641-5529.

We look forward to reading your application!

Community College Dual Enrollment Agreements

We make it easy to transfer from some of Pennsylvania’s most popular community colleges and earn a bachelor’s degree at Gwynedd Mercy University. GMercyU has Dual Admission and Core-to-Core Transfer Agreements with Bucks County Community College and Montgomery County Community College. Check out the agreements below for more details.

Bucks County Community College Dual Enrollment Agreement (PDF)
Montgomery County Community College Dual Enrollment Agreement (PDF)

Community College Articulation Agreements

In addition to the Dual Enrollment Agreements with BCCC and MCCC above, GMercyU has dozens of articulation agreements with several colleges. Please note, the articulation agreements listed below represent the most up-to-date information available and are subject to change. Please contact your admissions counselor or the Gwynedd Mercy University Registrar's Office to discuss your qualifying transfer credits.

Back to Top

Back to Top

Back to Top

Back to Top

Transfer Course Equivalency Guides

Our transferring course equivalency guides show you if courses you completed at a two-year institution transfer to Gwynedd Mercy University. Find your institution below and download the transfer course equivalency guide to learn more about specific college course transfer policies. Please note, these guides represent the most up-to-date information available, but it may change or be updated at any time. Please contact your admissions counselor or the Gwynedd Mercy University Registrar's Office to discuss your qualifying transfer credits.