Transfer Student Scholarships
Gwynedd Mercy University offers several transfer scholarships and grants for transfer students to help you get a great undergraduate education at an affordable cost.
Known as “gift assistance,” these scholarships and grants do not need to be repaid, and generally are renewable for all four years of your education as a Main Campus student. If you have any questions about your eligibility for these scholarships, contact one of our transfer admissions counselors.
Transfer Student Scholarships and Grants
GMercyU makes transferring colleges affordable by offering transfer student scholarships and grants. They are available to full-time students with at least 24 credits from another postsecondary institution. These scholarship amounts are for Fall 2024.
- Gold Transfer Student Scholarship
- Requires 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 3.5 GPA at GMercyU
- Crimson Transfer Student Scholarship
- Requires 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- Must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA at GMercyU
- Transfer Student Grant
- Requires student to have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Must maintain the required 2.5 cumulative GPA at GMercyU, as outlined in scholarship letter
- Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Student Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa membership must be documented and verified
You can renew the Gold Scholarship, Crimson Scholarship, and Transfer Student Grant for up to three additional years if you continue to meet eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for a Transfer Scholarship
Our trained admissions counselors will review your eligibility for a GMercyU transfer scholarship at the time of your acceptance. You may also be eligible for additional grants or scholarships based on the results of your FAFSA. Early FAFSA completion is highly recommended. You can learn more about completing your FAFSA on our financial aid page.
If you have any questions, contact us!
Why Should I Apply for a Transfer Scholarship from GMercyU?
Scholarships assist you in paying for your educational expenses, and you don't have to pay them back. Transfer scholarships can help alleviate the cost of tuition and living expenses so you can focus on pursuing your degree. GMercyU offers multiple transfer scholarships that are based on your college GPA.
Emma recruits transfer students for these programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (for last names A-E)
- All other undergraduate majors (except BSBA, Education, and Public Health)
Call: 215-641-5529 ext. 21529
Wivina Chmura, Associate Director of Admissions
Wivina recruits the following transfer students:
- Transfer students for Bachelor of Science in Nursing (for last names F-Z)
- Online/Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) students
- Public Health students
- All Education students
- International transfer students