- Campus security services available 24 hours a day
- Regular security patrols throughout campus, including Residence Halls
- Residence Hall doors locked to outside entrance
- Security officer monitoring of front entrance of St. Brigid Hall, which also provides access to Loyola and Siena Halls. All students and visitors must enter through this main entrance.
- Video camera surveillance and an audible alarm system on many doors
- Guests need to be signed in and out
- Resident Assistants provide daily security rounds of the building to ensure residents and residence halls are safe and comfortable
- Keyed access to individual Residence Hall rooms
In any emergency, Public Safety and Security should be notified immediately by calling ext. 111 from a campus phone or 215-641-5522 ext. 21522 or 215-646-7300 ext. 21300 ext. 0 from any phone. Security personnel can also be accessed through the switchboard at 215-646-7300 ext. 0.
Because your safety is so important to us, we strictly enforce the security policies we have established. Specific information regarding policies and procedures for the residence halls can be found in the Gwynedd Mercy University Student Handbook and the Guide to Residence Life (PDF).
In addition to abiding by our safety policies, we also require all students to participate in our campus alert system, Omnilert, which provides email, phone and text message instructions in the event of a campus emergency or weather-related closing. Sign up for the University’s Emergency Alert system by clicking the icon on the University portal.
For more information on GMercyU’s University-wide public safety initiatives, please visit the Office of Public Safety page.