Become an RA
Want to help others succeed? Looking to improve your leadership, communication, and make a difference? Do you enjoy helping others? Then apply to be a Resident Assistant for the 2019-2020 academic year with Residence Life today!
The Resident Assistant (RA) position supports the mission and core values of the institution. We believe that living in residence provides the student with an essential part of their education which helps to develop their social, academic, and personal growth. RAs provide caring support and encouragement while facilitating programs and services designed to sustain a community that will contribute to these growth areas.
Residence Life seeks full-time, matriculated, undergraduate students who will be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior at the beginning of the 2019 fall semester. We are looking for candidates who:
- Are mature and responsible
- Seek to have fun while developing life-long skills and abilities
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Have a desire to help others
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Can solve problems and make sound decisions
RA's will receive a single room, full room and board waiver, taxable stipend (paid quarterly), and a 10% discount at the Campus Bookstore (not towards books).
Residence Life will be offering information sessions where interested candidates can come to learn more about the position and application process. In addition, current RA's will be there to answer any questions you may have! While it is not required to attend an information session to apply, it is highly recommended. Can't make a session listed below but want to learn more? Contact our office directly and one of our professional staff members will sit down with you personally!
Monday, October 22, 2018 @ 2:00 PM- St. Brigid Glass Lounge
Tuesday, October 23, 2018 @ 8:00 PM- St. Brigid Glass Lounge
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 @ 7:00 PM- Alexandria Hall Main Lounge
Thursday, October 25, 2018 @ 7:00 PM- Alexandria Hall Main Lounge
The online application is now available! Please click the link below to enter the application. Please note the following:
- The form will not save your work if you close out of your browser window
- We recommend filling out the application in its entirety all at once
- Once you hit "Submit" the references listed will receive an email directing them to fill out their reference form on line. Be sure to follow up with them to make sure they received this email and it did not go to spam
All materials must be submitted by Decmber 5, 2018 for the applicant to be considered in our pool.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office!