Become an RA
Want to help others succeed? Looking to improve your leadership and communication skills while making a difference? Enjoy helping others? Apply to be a Resident Assistant for the 2022-2023 academic year!
The Resident Assistant (RA) position supports the mission and core values of the institution. We believe that living in residence provides the student with an essential part of their education which helps to develop their social, academic, and personal growth. RAs provide caring support and encouragement while facilitating programs and services designed to sustain a community that will contribute to these growth areas.
Residence Life seeks full-time, matriculated, undergraduate students who will be a rising sophomore, junior, or senior at the beginning of the 2021 fall semester. We are looking for candidates who:
- Are mature and responsible
- Seek to have fun while developing life-long skills and abilities
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Have a desire to help others
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Can solve problems and make sound decisions
Check Out the RA Job Description!
Compensation: RAs will receive a single room, full room and board waiver, taxable stipend (paid quarterly), and a 10% discount at the Campus Bookstore (not towards books).
- Application Available - Monday, November 1, 2021
- Application Due - Monday, November 29, 2021
- Group Process Day - Sunday, January 30, 2022
- Individual Interviews - Week of February 1, 2022
- Decision Letters - Monday, February 28, 2022
- New Candidate Agreements - Friday, March 4, 2022
- 2022-2023 RA Staff Orientation - Friday, April 8, 2022
Residence Life will be offering information sessions where interested candidates can come to learn more about the position and application process. In addition, current RA's will be there to answer any questions you may have! While it is not required to attend an information session to apply, it is highly recommended. Can't make a session but want to learn more? Contact our office directly and one of our professional staff members will sit down with you personally!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office!