Are you a high school student looking to get a head start on preparing for college? The Upward Bound program at Gwynedd Mercy University will help guide you and give you an edge on the college selection and application process.
What is Upward Bound?
Upward Bound is a comprehensive pre-college preparatory program designed to assist students interested in attending college.
Workshops are held every Tuesday and Thursday from October through May from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at West Catholic High School and Little Flower High School for Girls. If eligible, you may also attend a four-week summer residential program right on GMercyU’s Main Campus in Gwynedd Valley, Pa.
As a member of Upward Bound, you will receive:
- Academic instruction in mathematics, science and English
- Tutoring and counseling services
- PSAT/SAT workshops
- Financial Aid information
- College visits
- Social and cultural activities
- An opportunity to participate in a summer residential program on GMercyU’s campus
In order to be eligible for the Upward Bound program, you will need to be:
- In 9, 10 or 11 grade
- Enrolled at one of the designated Diocesan city high schools
- John W. Hallahan High School
- Little Flower Catholic High School
- Neumann/Goretti High School
- West Catholic High School
- Roman Catholic High School
- First generation in your family to attend college
Your family will also need to meet the income guidelines set by the Federal government.
For more information on these guidelines, contact the Upward Bound Office at 215-646-7300 ext. 398 or send an email to email@example.com
How to Apply
If you are interested in participating in the Upward Bound program, your guidance counselor will help you prepare your application.
You will need to submit the following:
- Application Form
- Student Profile Form
- Recommendation Form
- Two letters of recommendation from your teachers
You can submit the completed application to your guidance counselor by the due date or mail it directly to the Upward Bound Office:
Gwynedd Mercy University
1325 Sumneytown Pike
P.O. Box 901
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437-0901
If you have any additional questions or would like more information, you can reach out to the Upward Bound Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-646-7300 ext. 398