Choose E-STEM. Change the World.
E-STEM Degree and Scholarship Program
"Presenting my thesis was probably my best moment here because it really compiled everything I did into a few minutes. All of the research that I did at CHOP for two summers and everything I learned in class all came together." -- Elizabeth Mannino, '16
Receive an E-STEM Scholarship
At GMercyU, choosing to major in a STEM field has its privileges. Through our Ethics in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (E-STEM) Program, you may be eligible for a need-based scholarship of $3,000 or $8,000 per year for up to four years.
Gwynedd Mercy University’s E-STEM Scholarship Program is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation to help grow the STEM workforce in the U.S. The E-STEM Scholarship is one of the newest GMercyU scholarships.
E-STEM Program Benefits
E-STEM Program scholars at GMercyU receive more than just funding to support their education. In response to a nationwide emphasis on increasing enrollment in STEM disciplines and producing more college graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to make a positive difference in these growing fields, Gwynedd Mercy University’s E-STEM program provides the support needed to successfully earn a STEM degree.
Following the Mercy tradition, students will build the ethical framework needed make a positive difference in STEM fields. That’s why we call the program the E-STEM—Ethics in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics — program.
- Join a close knit and supportive E-STEM learning community
- Live with fellow E-STEM Scholars on campus
- Take advantage of faculty and peer-to-peer mentoring
- Improve your grades through our E-STEM study skill modules
- Receive training in ethics, decision making, and leadership
- Demonstrate mastery through capstone courses
- Attend STEM guest lectures
- Network with potential STEM employers
- Land STEM internships to build your skills and resume
E-STEM scholarship eligibility
To be eligible for an E-STEM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of the USA, national of the USA, alien admitted as a refugee, or an alien lawfully admitted to the USA for permanent residence
- Be enrolled as full-time students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in biology, mathematics, or computer information science for each semester in which a scholarship is received
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need as determined by the Gwynedd Mercy University Office of Financial Aid
Applying for an E-STEM scholarship
Whether you’re seeking math scholarships, biology scholarships, or computer science scholarships, we welcome you apply for a GMercyU E-STEM Scholarship.
Fill out our free online application (PDF) today.
If you have any questions about the E-STEM Scholarship or how to apply, please contact Dr. Lisa McGarry at 215-641-5538 or mcgarry.L@gmercyu.edu.
GMercyU biology and E-STEM student Amanda Pirrone '17 channeled Iggy Azalea for her General Biology II Final Exam.