At GMercyU, we strive to make paying for college as stress-free as possible. Below you will find the resources and information you need to get answers to some frequently asked questions about billing and the bursar. The Bursar's Office is available for any other questions you may have along the way.

GMercyU’s Bursar Office:215-646-7300 ext. 21278, 21593 or 21591
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Bursar's office is not on campus and working from home. Therefore the best way to reach us is to email us.

Bursar Gwynedd Valley Hours
 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.

Dawn Taratuski, Bursar
Christi McCabe, Assistant Bursar
Meghan Davis, Student Account Specialist

If you're a student in GMercyU's Non-Term Programs, read below for more information

Helpful Resources

Student Health Insurance
Nursing & Perkins Loans
1098-T Information
Summer 2021 Essential Information
Summer 2021 Payment Plan
Summer I 2021 Payment Plan Instructions
Summer II 2021 Payment Plan Instructions
Summer 2021 Frequently Asked Questions

Tuition and Fee Payment Policy
Payments and Tuition Refunds
Tuition and Fee Refund Policy
Electronic Refund Instructions

Campus Undergraduate Tuition + Fees
Graduate Tuition + Fees
Online & Accelerated Undergraduate Tuition + Fees
Non-term Bursar Information

Bursar's FAQs

I have a question about my scholarship, grant, or loan. Can the Bursar’s office answer my financial aid question?
A: No, please contact the Financial Aid Department at 215-646-7300, ext.  21216 or Financialaid@gmercyu.edu.

Why am I charged for health insurance?
A: All  Full time students are required to carry health insurance.  All  new Summer 2021  full time undergraduate students will see a charge of $465  on your self-service account under “charges.”  New MSOT graduate students will see a charge of $1089 on your self-service account under "charges". If you complete an online health insurance waiver  form verifying that you already have adequate health insurance, the fee will be credited to your account under “credits.” You MUST complete the waiver form by May 11th  in order for the fee to be waived. Otherwise, you will be enrolled in the University’s plan and the charge will remain.  

For more information, visit the Student Health Insurance page.

When do I waive the Health Insurance?
A: All new Summer 2021 full time undergraduate students can waive the Health Insurance starting April 1st. The deadline to waive the insurance is May 11th for the Summer 2021 semester. 

How do I waive the Health Insurance?
A:. You need to visit the web site www.firststudent.com and complete the waiver online. You will need to know your date of birth and student id number. This number can be found on your billing statement on Self-service. You also will need to provide proof of insurance as part of the waiver process.

Is a tuition payment plan available?
A: Yes. You can sign up for the payment plan through your Self-Service Account. Our Payment Plan allows you to split the total costs for Fall and Spring into five equal parts. Summer allows you to break the tuition into three equal parts.

This is the only payment plan option that is accepted by the University. Students can give an authorized user (parent or guardian, or someone else who will be responsible for paying your college expenses)  permission to view your account and sign up for a payment plan. Please see the Bursars’ Payment and Refunds page for more information. 

Do I have to pay the full tuition even when I have financial aid that will cover some or all of my costs?
A: The financial aid included on your invoice is anticipated and may change based on your enrollment status. Financial aid is not credited to your account until the funds actually are received by the University. For this reason, you should continue to make payments on your account according to your payment plan.

What happens if I have a balance due on my account?
A: When you pay less than the balance due, a BILLING RESTRICTION will be placed on your account. This means you may not be able to register for future classes or request a transcript. Billing restrictions will not be removed for any reason until your balance is paid in full. If you have any questions about when your financial aid will post to your account, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 215-646-7300 ext. 21216 or email at financialaid@gmercyu.edu

There is no Financial Aid showing on my bill. What do I do?
A:  Review your Financial aid screens in Self-Service to see if you have an outstanding requirements. If you have completed all your tasks please contact Financial Aid at 215-646-7300 ext. 21216 or email at financialaid@gmercyu.edu.

What types of credit cards does the University accept?
A: We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express on-line through Self-Service, using your log in and password. There is a 2.85% convienence fee for using a credit card. You may also pay with an online check through your Self-Service account for no additional charge. The University will not take any credit card payments over the phone or in person.

Can I use my financial aid to buy books at the campus store? .
A: If you have excess financial aid, you can use it to cover the cost of your books by obtaining a Campus Store voucher from the Campbell Solution beginning on December 1st. You will need to know the exact cost of your books, as the Book Store will not issue any cash back on a voucher. Before requesting your voucher, please check with the bookstore to make sure it has the books you will need. Online Bookstore Voucher and Instructions.

Can my billing restriction be removed if I apply for a private loan?
A. Unfortunately, the answer is No. Private loans can take 2-4 weeks from the time the borrower applies until the University receives the funds. The University policy is that we will not remove any billing holds/restrictions until the funds have been received by the University. Please plan ahead and review our billing due dates. 

When will I receive a refund for my excess financial aid?
A: Excess financial aid refunds will be issued after the drop/add period. The date is established by the Bursar’s Office and refunds for Summer 2021 will be available 14 days after your disbursement. You may enroll for electronic refunds through your Self-Service account, which will enable you to receive your refund within 2-5 days into the bank account of your choice.  There is no charge to sign up for an electronic refund. Paper checks can take up to 10 business days once processed. We are not on campus therefore paper checks may take more than 10 business days. Please sign up for an electronic refund. If you are not sure how you can email studentbilling@gmercyu.edu

Back to top

Student Health Insurance

All New  full time undergraduate students students are required to carry health insurance for Summer 2021. If you are not otherwise insured, the University has arranged for basic coverage. To learn more about the cost of the University’s plan and the process for waiving the coverage, please visit the Student Health Insurance page. 

If you already have insurance and do not complete a health insurance waiver form by May 11, you will be enrolled in and billed for the University’s plan. 

Visit www.firststudent.com to waive the insurance any time after April 1st but no later than May 11.

Back to top

Nursing and Perkins Loan Information

The Nursing Loan programs are some of the federally funded aid sources available to you. As the official lender for the  Nursing Loans, GMercyU wants to help you better manage your loan.  GMercyU no longer can offer Perkins loans due to the government closing the program.

The Bursar’s office is available to answer any question you may have at 215-646-7300 ext. 21593.

Your Rights
As a Perkins or Nursing Loan borrower, you have the right to the following information:

  • The amount of your total debt (principal and estimated interest)
  • Your interest rate and the total interest charges on your loan
  • The name of the agency that holds your loan
  • Where to send your payments 
  • Where to write or call if you have any questions
  • The address and telephone number of your loan-servicing center

Gwynedd Mercy University and University Accounting Services (UAS) will provide this information when you graduate or discontinue your education at Gwynedd Mercy University.

Your loan-servicing center is currently University Accounting Services, Attn: UAS Accounting, PO Box 932, Brookfield, WI 53008-0932. The phone number is 800-999-6227.

How to Manage your Debt

You will need to provide the following to Gwynedd Mercy University and UAS:

  • Expected permanent address 
  • Name and address of your expected employer 
  • Address of your next-of-kin
  • Social security number
  • References
  • Driver’s license number

If needed, you will have a grace period before your repayment period begins. Your grace period begins when you graduate, leave GMercyU or drop to less than half-time status.

Your Responsibilities

As a recipient of a Nursing or Perkins loan, you will need to:

  • Contact UAS with any change in your name, address, and/or telephone number
  • Repay your loan according to the terms of the original promissory note.  You have signed a legal document and will need to repay your loan even if you didn’t complete your education or aren’t able to get a job after your graduation or program.
  • Make payments on time even if you fail to receive a billing statement (Failure to do so may put your account in default status.)
  • Submit properly and fully complete any forms requesting deferment or cancellation. Forms must be filled out as soon as you become eligible for a benefit. Most forms require completion annually.

Deferments, Forbearance & Cancellations
If you find yourself in a situation where you won’t be able to make payments on your Nursing or Perkins loans, GMercyU and UAS may grant you a deferment or forbearance on your loan during this time. 

What it is: An approval to temporarily postpone payments during which time principal and interest cease to accrue.
When to apply: If you are enrolled (half-time or more) in a higher educational program, are unemployed, experiencing economic hardship, or if have become totally and permanently disabled.
How to apply: Complete form and return to UAS.

What it is: Loan payments are posted or reduced for a limited and specific period although interest will still accrue. Forbearance may be granted in 12 month or shorter intervals for up to three years.
When to apply: If you were temporarily unable to meet your repayment schedule, but are not eligible for a deferment.
How to apply: Complete form and return to UAS.

Cancellations (Perkins Loans only)
What is it: The Perkins loan program provides you with an opportunity to cancel all or part of your loan for certain types of employment or service. Contact UAS to see if you are eligible for any cancellation.
When to apply: If you expect to be eligible for any cancellation, you should apply for deferment of your account during your year of qualifying service or employment. This process delays billing until the end of the year, when your payments will be cancelled. Depending upon the type of cancellation, it may take up to five years to complete.
How to apply: Complete form and return to UAS.

If you find yourself becoming permanently disabled, you will need to fill out the Disability Discharge Application completely and return it to UAS. 

Please return all forms to:

University Accounting Services
Attn: UAS Accounting
PO Box 932
Brookfield, WI 53008-0932

Non-Term Bursar Information

Non-Term Bursar Office:215-646-7300 X21029 or X21015
Fax: 267-448-1307
Submitting Paperwork can be emailed to Bursarpaperwork@gmercyu.edu
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Non-Term Bursar's office is not physically on campus. We are working from our homes therefore the best way to reach us is to email us at NonTermBursar@gmercyu.edu

Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m.

Kathie Laverick, Assistant Bursar 
Susan LoStracco, Accounting Specialist 

Important Information:

Non-Term Refund policy 

Important Forms:
These forms can be filled out and submitted electronically. The form will be directed to the Bursar's email. Please be sure to put your correct email address in the form and verify your signature as instructed.

Excess Funds Request
Deferment Form
Policies and Procedures
Student FA Agreement

If you are using Federal Aid, you will receive instructions on accepting/declining the Title IV agreement in self-service.