New Student Health Information
All new and transfer students must have a completed health form prior to moving into the residence halls and starting classes. If you are required to complete a form for Nursing, Allied Health or Athletics you do not have to complete the form below, students are only required to complete one health form.
For inquiries regarding the completion of the Athletic Student Health Form please contact Wally List ext. 251.
Nursing/Allied Health Professions Student Health Form
For inquiries regarding the completion of the Nursing Student Health Form please contact Donna Doyle ext. 116.
For inquiries regarding the completion of the Allied Health Professions Student Health Form please contact Cheryl Padulese ext. 453.
The following immunizations are required for all students. Non-compliance will result in a medical hold for admission to the residence hall and may interrupt your class schedule.
- DPT: 3 doses plus booster within the past 10 years
- Polio: 3 doses of Polio vaccine plus a booster
- MMR: 2 doses
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- Meningcoccal Meningitis Vaccine : All students who are planning to live in the Resident Halls are required to have the vaccine. If for any reason the students has chosen to not receive the vaccine, documentation from a physician's office must be attached to the completed medical form stating the reason for the decision.Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine Booster : A booster dose is now recommended for those 16 years of age who received the initial dose at age 11-12. If the initial dose was given at 13-15 years, the booster dose should be given at 16-18 years of age. If the initial dose given age at 16 years or older, no booster is needed, except where there is continuing risk.
- Varicella: either a history of chicken pox or the varicella vaccine
- TB test: A PPD within one year for all nursing, Allied Health, International, and Resident Students. Nursing Students are to be repeated yearly. Allied Health students will follow recommendations from their respective departments.
Insurance coverage is required for all students. If you belong to a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or an HMO, contact your provider to determine out of area services.
All students will be automatically enrolled in the Student College Health Insurance plan unless an online waiver is completed by the deadline date of September 11 for the current year.
Waive Health Insurance
- Student Health Insurance Waiver (Waiver will be available July 1, 2013)
Failure to waive the Student College Health Insurance Plan will result in automatic enrollment and billing of the annual premium!
MENINGITIS AWARENESS DISCLOSURE
On June 28, 2002, the Governor of Pennsylvania, Mark Schweiker, signed into law a requirement that students enrolled in Pennsylvania institutions of higher education residing in residence halls or other university-owned housing be vaccinated against meningococcal disease. Students who wish to be exempt from this requirement must meet the following conditions: The student (or parent/legal guardian in the case of students under the age of 18 years), after having been advised of the risks of the disease and the availability and effectiveness of the vaccine, must sign a written waiver stating that he or she has reviewed the information and have chosen not to be vaccinated against the disease for religious or medical reasons. For more information please click here: http://www.cdc.gov .
For more information, call the Health & Wellness Center at 215-646-7300, ext. 306.