The Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions
For more than 50 years, The Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions at Gwynedd Mercy University has been a leader and innovator in nursing and healthcare education, helping students like you pursue their professional and personal goals while helping improve health care delivery and patient outcomes.
It’s an exciting time to be in nursing and healthcare. You know as well as anyone that the role of nursing and healthcare professionals is changing. There is a greater need for more highly skilled, knowledgeable nurses and healthcare professionals to step forward as leaders and help improve health care delivery.
With more than 200 regional health care affiliations, the University provides students with first-rate clinical experiences and career opportunities. State-of-the-art laboratories and equipment are paired with patient simulators, giving students an edge as they pursue their degrees. Students take courses in the liberal arts and sciences to develop a clear sense of professional ethics, strong interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills and technological skills.
The nursing programs at Gwynedd Mercy University are:
- Accredited by The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- State board approved with full status
- On the approved list of Professional Nursing Programs
We are proud to say that graduates of the ASN first time NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses) passing rate for 10/1/12 to 9/30/13 was 84%. The national first time passing rate was 84.29%.
Our NLN-accredited Nursing degree programs are offered at both the undergraduate and graduate level and provide the innovative instruction you’ll need to enhance your knowledge, skills and credentials. Students can pursue an Associate degree in nursing. This program can be completed on a full-time basis or, for students with a prior bachelor degree, through our weekend option. At the conclusion of the Associate degree in nursing and with receipt of Registered Nurse Licensure (RN), students can enroll in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This program may be completed full-or part-time, during the day or evening, or in an accelerated format. Master of Science in Nursing programs offer advanced specialization. Earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree with us can help prepare you to take on new responsibilities - whether as a unit director, administrator, educator or clinician in a variety of sectors: hospitals, clinics, correctional facilities, universities, regulatory agencies, private practice and more.
Allied health degrees and allied health certificates prepare you to work in clinical healthcare professions outside the core fields of dentistry, medicine and nursing. Our Allied Health Degrees are fully accredited, including accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs. Students with an interest in the health sciences may select from programs with or without direct patient contact.
2014 Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions Nursing Excellence Award
Complete the 2014 Nomination Form
Health Careers with Direct Patient Contact include:
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Radiation Therapy
Health Careers without Direct Patient Contact include:
- Health Information
- Medical Technology
Nursing and Health Science professionals work in a variety of industries including:
- Hospital and Private Clinical Laboratories
- Public Health
- Crime Laboratories
- Sales and Marketing
- Health Care Agency/Government
- Health Care Administration
- Management Information Systems
- Health Maintenance Organization
- Humanitarian Work
Nursing and Health Professions Degrees
- Associates of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Nursing Weekend Option
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Medical Laboratory Science - Bachelor of Science
- Radiation Therapy - Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Health Science, Certificate
- Radiologic Technology - Bachelor of Science
- Respiratory Care - Associate in Science Degree and Bachelor of Health Science
- Respiratory Care - Bachelor of Health Science