Accelerated Online Education Degree Programs
The School of Education at Gwynedd Mercy University puts students on the path to a teaching certification in Pennsylvania and prepares them for successful careers as teachers, administrators, or other leadership roles in the field of education through accelerated online graduate degrees. With small classes that allow for individualized attention and guidance, students flourish in our online, accelerated education degree programs. Gwynedd Mercy University also offers a teacher certification option for those who already hold a bachelor’s degree and want to earn an Instructional I Certificate from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. With an ever-growing doctoral degree program, GMercyU offers a range of online education degree program options for a diverse student population.
The School of Education offers students the latest research and information on optimal learning practices and processes, as well as technological resources in the classroom. Gwynedd Mercy University is collaborating with Teachscape® to provide industry-leading solutions, technology, and services for the future educators from Gwynedd Mercy University. Teachscape® has partnered with respected institutions including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to streamline its approach with the necessary tools for producing dynamic schools and teachers.
"The combination of Teachscape's technology tools, observation protocols, and feedback to our faculty and students will ensure that our education programs deliver top-notch teachers that school districts need to ensure ever-increasing levels of student success."
Dr. Sandra Mangano
Dean, School of Education
Gwynedd Mercy College
Gwynedd Mercy University announces the development of an Accelerated Executive Doctorate in Educational Leadership!
In addition to our M.Ed. online program, Gwynedd Mercy University is also building an accelerated Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership with four academic concentrations. Graduates of this comprehensive program will be awarded the Doctorate in Education (Ed.D.) with a concentration in one of the following subject areas:
- PK-12 Schools and School Districts
- Higher Education
- Special Education
- Educational Nonprofits
This program is a hybrid on-ground and online education degree program that can be completed in two years and 10 months. The Ed.D. is delivered through a combination of online courses and three on-ground residencies, with support from a dedicated dissertation adviser from day one. The Doctorate in Education from Gwynedd Mercy University is designed to impart the skills, knowledge, and dispositions necessary to fulfill leadership roles in U.S. and international schools, school districts, colleges, universities, and educational nonprofit organizations.
Online and Accelerated Graduate Education Programs
Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education without Certification
- Master of Science in Education PreK-4 Certification
- Master of Science in Education Grades 4-8 (Mathematics and Science Certifications)
- Master of Science in Education with Business, Computers and Information Technology Certification
- Master of Science in Education with Secondary Education Certification in the following content areas to include Biology, English, Mathematics and Social Studies
Master of Science in Educational Administration
- Master of Science in Educational Administration with K-12 Principal Certification
- Master of Science in Educational Administration with Curriculum and Instruction Certification
Master of Science in School Counseling
Master of Science in Special Education
- Master of Science in Special Education with PreK-8 Certification
Master of Science: Course of Study-Intern Certification Program
Certification Only Programs
- PreK-4 Certification
- Special Education PreK-8 Certification
- Grades 4-8 Mathematics and Science Certifications
- Business, Computers and Information Technology Certification
- K-12 Principal Certification
- Curriculum and Instruction Certification
- Post-Masters of Science in Counseling (School Counseling Certification Only)
Apply Now or Call now toll-free at 877-499-6333 to speak with an enrollment counselor
About Gwynedd Mercy University’s Teaching Certification in Pennsylvania: The Pennsylvania Board of Education licensure and approved programs requires that candidates for certification in educational administration complete a minimum of 360 hours of a structured and supervised practicum experience. The required 360 hours occur throughout the program beginning with the first course for a total of 18 hours per course.