Gwynedd Mercy University’s Campus Ministry offers a variety of retreats and faith-sharing opportunities throughout the year to support the spiritual development of the entire GMercyU community.
Our goal is to help the GMercyU community pause to engage questions of significance, and to pray and reflect on your personal experiences in the pursuit of lives of deep meaning.
- Please see News and Events page for current programs
- See below for information on prayer requests, bereavement and Mass cards
Senior Retreat for Mercy Career & Technical High School Girls, November 8, 2017
Mercy serving Mercy! Gwynedd Mercy Campus Ministry has been invited to facilitate the senior retreat for a diverse group of high school girls. (The boys have their own retreat.) We are seeking a few good women who can lead small group activities and help younger students reflect on their memories of the past and their hopes for the future. We will be off campus 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. Transportation and a note to willing professors will be provided! Contact Michelle France, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breakthrough Retreat at the Shore
February 2-4, 2018
Break through the murky, the mundane and the mayhem and come away for an awesome weekend retreat sponsored by Campus Ministry and facilitated by a team of student leaders. Come reflect on your life in the company of old friends and new. There will be times for reflection, conversation, and prayer, as well as fun activities and free time! The retreat will be held at the Sisters of Mercy's retreat house one block from the beach in Sea Isle City, NJ. Get your application here (available in December) and return it to Campus Ministry by January 25. Questions? Michelle France, email@example.com or 215-641-5531.
- You are welcome to write your prayer intentions in our book outside of Chapel in Campbell Hall.
- To request the prayers of the University community in the event of the death of a close relative of a Gwynedd Mercy University faculty member, staff member, or student, please contact Christine Eberle at 215-641-5590 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When possible, please obtain permission from the bereaved individual, and include as much information about funeral arrangements as possible.
- Beautiful Gwynedd Mercy University Mass Cards are available to bring to a wake or funeral, or to send to someone in need of healing; names of all those being remembered in prayer are listed outside of Chapel. Contact Jane Coughlin in Institutional Advancement, Coughlin.email@example.com or 215-641-5590 ext. 21177.
Does Everything Happen for a Reason?
Campus Ministry Director Christine Eberle published an article with this title in the September 2012 issue of Liguorian Magazine. (Hint: the sub-title is "Believing Ourselves into a Crisis of Faith!") Read Christine's article (PDF)!
Here are some interesting sites for those interested in spiritual life and personal development: