Career Resources for Faculty & Staff
Partner with Career Development
The Career Development Center is here to help you encourage and advise your students on choosing the career path that’s right for them. We’re looking forward to partnering with you!
Schedule a Career Development Presentation
We can give a career development presentation in your classes at a mutually convenient time. Contact us to learn about topics we cover and discuss ideas for presentations that you don’t see listed here. We’re happy to collaborate to meet your needs.
- Resumes and Cover Letters That Get Results
- Interviewing Strategies to Impress Employers
- Top Job Searching Tips and Techniques
- Choosing the Right Major
- Selecting the Best Career Path
- Success Factors When Applying to Graduate School
6 Ways to Add Career Development to Your Syllabus
We encourage you to make career development a part of your syllabus. Here are some ideas we recommend.
- Join GMercyU’s Don't Cancel Class Program. If you are expecting to miss a class, we can deliver a career development presentation instead. Contact us as soon as you can to have the best chance of scheduling one of our career professionals.
- Require students to get their resume and cover letter reviewed by the Career Development Center.
- Have students conduct a mock interview with a staff member from Career Development.
- Encourage students to complete a LinkedIn profile and/or online portfolio and have it reviewed by Career Development.Have students create an academic major and/or career path profile to better understand the details of their preferred career interest. Contact us for details on how students can create this profile.
- Encourage students to attend networking programs, job fairs, and other career events offered by GMercyU and other organizations.
Jobs and Internships Database
GMercyU recently partnered with Handshake - a jobs and internships database. Encourage your students to log in and explore the more than 250,000 employers from across the world.
We can answer any questions you have about GMercyU’s career development programs and how to help your students get involved. Contact us to learn more.
The Career Development Center is located in the Keiss Library & Learning Commons.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Contact our office for additional hours.)
Phone: 215-646-7300, ext. 21230
Stay Up-to-Date with Career Development
Follow GMercyU's Career Development on Twitter for upcoming events, career tips, and department news.