Student Billing Office

At GMercyU, we strive to make paying for college as stress-free as possible. Below, find helpful resources, information, and FAQs about billing.

Quick tip: The Student Billing Office handles tuition and fees, payments, payment plans, refunds, and eRefund (direct deposit), while the Student Financial Aid Office handles FAFSA, scholarships, loans, and grants. 


Location, Hours

Campbell Hall, see campus map (PDF)
8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.

Contact Information

For Campus Term Programs
Christi McCabe, Director of Student Billing
Meghan Davis, Assistant Director of Student Billing
Mickey DeCarolis, Student Accounts Specialist
215-646-7300 ext. 21278

For Online, Non-Term Programs 
Susan LoStracco, Student Accounts Specialist
215-646-7300 ext. 21029
Paperwork can be submitted via email here:

See Non-Term Policy and Procedures here. 


No, please contact the Financial Aid Department at 215-646-7300 , ext.  21216 or

Yes. You can sign up for the payment plan through your Self-Service Account. Our Payment Plan allows you to split the total costs for Fall and Spring into 5, 4 or 3 equal parts and for Summer into 4, 3 or 2 equals parts. The amount of installment payments you have on your plan is determined by the date that you enroll in the plan. 

This is the only payment plan option that is accepted by the University. Students can give an authorized user (parent or guardian, or someone else who will be responsible for paying your college expenses) permission to view your account and sign up for a payment plan.

The financial aid included on your invoice is anticipated and may change based on your enrollment status. Financial aid is not credited to your account until the funds actually are received by the University, once they are disbursed to your account. For this reason, you should continue to make payments on your account according to your payment plan.

When you pay less than the balance due, a billing restriction will be placed on your account. This means you may not be able to register for future classes or request an official transcript. Billing restrictions will not be removed for any reason until your balance is paid in full.

If you have any questions about when your financial aid will post to your account, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 215-646-7300 ext. 21216 or email at

Review your Financial Aid screens in Self-Service to see if you have an outstanding requirements. If you have completed all your tasks please contact Financial Aid at 215-646-7300 ext. 21216 or email at

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express on-line through Self-Service, using your log in and password. There is a 2.95% processing fee for using a credit card. You may also pay with an online check through your Self-Service account for no additional charge. The University will not take any credit card payments over the phone or in person.

If you have excess financial aid, you can use it to cover the cost of your books by obtaining an Online Book Voucher and purchasing your books through the Campus Store.

For the Fall semester, book vouchers can be completed from 8/01 through 9/10. For the Spring semester, they can be completed from 12/01 through 1/20 and in the Summer semester they can be completed from 4/01 until your aid has disbursed, which will be different for each student. These are approximate dates and could change slightly from year to year. You will need to know the exact cost of your books, as the Campus Store or the Bursar's Department will not issue any cash back or refund on your book voucher.

Before requesting your voucher, please check with the Campus Store to make sure it has the books you will need. Please allow 24-48 hours for the funds to be placed onto your card once you have completed the Book Voucher. Please know if you would prefer to complete the Book Voucher in person, you can do so at the Campbell Solution Center in Campbell Hall.  

If you have any questions about Book Voucher, please email them at

Unfortunately, the answer is No. Private loans can take 2-4 weeks from the time the borrower applies until the University receives the funds. The University policy is that we will not remove any billing holds/restrictions until the funds have been received by the University. Please plan ahead and review our billing due dates.

When financial aid is first added to your account, it is listed as anticipated aid. When the aid is listed an anticipated, it means that the University is aware that you are getting this aid, but we have not actually received the funding from the loan or grant provider. Once the University receives your aid funds, your aid changes from anticipated to disbursed. It is not until your aid is disbursed that refunds can be processed.

Once your disbursement is completed, the University has 14 days to process your refund. If all your financial aid paperwork is completed and all your aid has been disbursed, aid for the Fall semester usually disburses at the end of September, aid for the Spring semester usually disburses at the beginning of February, and aid for Summer varies by major — please know, these are only estimates of disbursement times, as these dates can vary by student.

Students will receive a paper refund check in the mail unless they chose to sign up for eRefund (direct deposit). eRefund is the fastest way to receive your funds. On the day a refund is finalized, your funds will show in your bank account within 3-5 business days. If you are receiving a paper refund check, it can sometimes take up to 5-10 days to receive your check. Please note, if you are receiving a refund from a Parent Plus loan, and on the application the parent has asked for the funds to be refunded to them, we are only able to process this refund as a paper check, unless our office is otherwise notified via email that the parent would like it processed as an eRefund instead.

See eRefund Direct Deposit Instructions (PDF)

If you do not wish to sign up for eRefund, and would prefer to receive a paper refund check, please make sure you keep your address up to date. To update your address, please visit the Registrar’s page under "forms".

Nursing and Perkins Loan Information

Please contact the Student Billing Office at for more information.


Non-Term Student Billing Information

Important Information: Non-Term Tuition and Fee Refund Policy

Important Forms:
These forms can be filled out and submitted electronically. The form will be directed to Student Billing's email. Please be sure to put your correct email address in the form and verify your signature as instructed.

Non-Term Billing Essential Information: Contact Information, Forms, Online Payments, Student Financial Options (Direct Bill and Deferred Plans), Non-Term Agreements, Refunds Processes, and FAQs.
Excess Funds Request
Deferment Form
Policies and Procedures
Student Financial Agreement

If you are using Federal Aid, you will receive instructions on accepting/declining the Title IV agreement in Self-Service.