Intramurals and Recreation
If you’re looking for a way to stay healthy and have fun, consider joining an intramurals team!
Our goal is to provide a competitive, safe and enjoyable atmosphere that encourages sportsmanship, teamwork and leadership development.
Whether you want to join a men’s or women’s league, or participate in a co-recreational program, you’ll find plenty of ways to get involved.
Intramural and Recreation Programs
The program launched in 2016 with nearly 100 students participating in our flag football co-ed and men's leagues. Since then, we've grown! Join us for one of the following sports and activities:
- Flag Football
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Wiffle Ball
Intramural and Recreation Program Registration
The first step to participation is registration. Registration takes place through www.imleagues.com/GMercyU. You’ll be prompted to use your gmercyu.edu email address to create an account.
A detailed description of how to register on IMleagues can be found online at https://gwyneddathletics.com/sports/2010/12/8/intramurals.aspx.
Intramural and Recreation Program Eligibility
- All activities are open to the entire GMercyU community: whether you’re a full- or part-time student, a graduate student or undergrad, faculty or staff, you’re welcome to join a team.
- ou may join one team per league. However, you can join a team in a same-gender league as well as a team in a co-recreational league.
- To join a team, you will need to register on IMLeagues (www.imleagues.com/gmercyu) with your GMercyU email address and electronically sign the Waiver and Assumption of Risk form prior to your first competition.
- Teams will forfeit if they are caught using an ineligible player or cannot field the minimum number of players to start play.
Varsity Athletes: If you play on a varsity sports team, you’re welcome to participate in intramurals and recreation activities. However, if you’re in-season, you’ll need to get written permissions from your coach.
Scheduling of Games and Events
Schedules will be posted online at www.imleagues.com/GMercyU.
Some events may need to be postponed due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. The Office of Intramurals and Recreation will try to reschedule all games, but that may not always be possible because of time and space limitations. In such instances, each team will receive a “win” for that contest.
Should a team be unable to participate in a scheduled contest, a request to reschedule may be made.
Levels of Intramural and Recreation Program Competition
Leagues: The regular season consists of a minimum of four games followed by single elimination playoffs.
Tournaments: Tournament formats may vary and are dependent upon the number of entries received. Typical formats include single and double elimination and round robin.
Playoffs: Following the regular season, a single elimination tournament bracket will be held for each league, which will be restructured to level the field of play. Rosters will be frozen after the last regular-season game. Any player who has played in at least 1 regular-season game will be eligible for playoffs.
Tournament Seeding and Restructure of Competitive Leagues: After the end of the regular season games, eligible teams will be restructured to level the field of play. Each competitive league will be divided into two groups: over .500 and under .500. After this “split,” seeding will be determined in the following order:
- Win-loss record
- Sportsmanship rating
- Point differential (points for-points against)