Accepted SLP Student Checklist
Congratulations on being accepted into Gwynedd Mercy University's Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology program! We are so excited to welcome you to the GMercyU community.
To ensure that you’re ready to begin your coursework, it is important for you to complete the following tasks as soon as possible.
1. Log on to the Self-Service Portal and Submit Your Acceptance Deposit
Not long after your acceptance, you should have received an automated email with your username and password, which will allow you to access the GMercyU Self-Service Portal to pay your acceptance deposit. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you don’t see the email in your inbox within a couple of days after your acceptance.
In order to hold your place in the program, you will need to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit by April 15, 2024. Detailed instructions on how to submit your deposit are below. If you have any problems logging in, please reach out to the IT Help Desk at 215-646-7300, ext 21444.
Once you've made your deposit, please contact the SLP program director, Dr. Karen Fallon, at email@example.com.
2. Complete and Submit the FAFSA (optional)
As a graduate student, you may be eligible for Direct Student loans offered from the federal government. If you want to be considered for this specific type of funding, you need to submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to GMercyU. If you have any questions on the financial aid process, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Get Your Funding/Payment in Place
With your acceptance, you received a Financial Options Guide. This guide discusses the process and requirements for covering your tuition costs. All funding must be in place by Friday, August 2, 2024 or you will not be able to start the program. Loans can take 2-4 weeks to be processed, so please do not wait until August 2 to apply for loans. Questions about this can be referred to the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
4. Submit Emergency Contact Information
In your acceptance email, instructions were provided on how you can submit Emergency Contact Information in the GMercyU Self-Service Portal. Detailed instructions on how to add your Emergency Contacts are also included below.
5. Obtain Your Student ID Card
Please email a “headshot” from your GMercyU email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. The image should be a clear picture of your face and neck. Please choose the highest resolution possible when emailing it and make sure it is in a png or jpeg file. You can pick up your ID when you come first come to campus.
6. Register for a Parking Pass
Per University policy, all vehicles on campus must be registered with Public Safety and be issued an official parking permit. Students can register for their parking pass for the 2024-2025 academic year online.
Please add "NEED NEW PERMIT, COMMUTER STUDENT" into the Note section of the registration form on the last screen. Complimentary passes can be picked up the week before classes begin. Anyone who cannot register online should call the Campbell Solution Center (CSC) to make alternate arrangements to register your vehicle.
If you have any questions, please contact Campbell Solution Center (CSC) directly at 215-641-5595.
If you have specific questions, concerns, or need help completing one or more of the tasks listed above, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at the contact information listed below. Due to staggered schedules for employees on campus, we recommend contacting us via email. We are responding to voicemails and will do our best to get back to you within one business day.
Point of Contact
General questions about the MSOT program
Annette Nelson, Administrative Assistant
215-646-7300 ext. 21277
Financial Aid and Loans
Financial Aid Office
215-646-7300 ext. 21216
Dr. Karen Fallon, SLP Program Director
215-646-7300 ext. 21018
Billing, payments, and University Insurance
215-646-7300 ext. 21278
Campbell Solution Center
1. Once you log in to Self-Service using the credentials provided to you via email, click on the Student Finance tab. That is where you will be able to pay your deposit online.
2. The next screen will show an Account Summary. You’ll noticed that the balances are all set at $0.00—that’s perfectly normal! You won’t see actual balances there until the first billing statement is sent out. All you need to do is click the “Make a Deposit” link on the right side of the screen.
3. After you click the link, you will be redirected to our secure payment site—Touchnet—which will look like this:
4. At the bottom of the screen, select the term you want to pay from the drop-down menu. Please select "Fall 2024" term. Then hit the “Select” button.
5. Next, select the “MSSLP Deposit” from the next drop down menu and hit “Select”.
6. Once you select a deposit type, click the green “Continue” button to move forward.
7. On the next screen, you’ll be instructed to select a payment method. The deposits can be paid either by Electronic Check from your bank account or Credit Card.
8. If paying by electronic check, you need to select the Account Type (Checking or Savings) and have both the Routing Number and Bank Account Number on hand—both of these can be found on the bottom of a check. Complete the form by adding your billing information, then click “Continue” to move to the confirmation page.
9. If paying by credit card, put in the card number, then click the green “Continue” button. On the next page, you’ll be asked to provide additional information about the card as well as a billing address. When you finish adding this information, click “Continue” to move to the confirmation page.
10. The last thing you need to do is review your payment information (see sample below) and click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen. Please note that a confirmation email will automatically be sent to the personal email account that we have on file for you—so make sure to check your junk or spam folders for it.
1. Once you log in to Self-Service using the credentials provided to you via email, click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen next to your username.
2. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Emergency Information.”
3. On the next page, click the “Add New Contact” button on the left side of the screen.
4. A pop up will appear where you can enter Emergency Contact Information. Add as much information as you like, ensuring that all required fields (*) are filled in. You’ll also have the option to designate this individual as an Emergency Contact, a Missing Person Contact, or both. Once finished, the blue “Add Contact” button in the bottom right-hand corner of the pop up.
5. When you return to the main page, you’ll have the option to add additional Emergency Contacts. The University recommends having at least two on file if at all possible. Once you finish adding Emergency Contacts, make sure to confirm the information submitted by clicking the “Confirm” button on the right-hand side of your screen.