New Student Health

All new and transfer students must complete a health form (Adobe Sign) prior to moving into the residence halls and starting classes. 

Athletic Student Health Form

If you need to fill out the Athletic Student Health Form, please contact the Athletic Department at 215-646-7300, ext. 21251.

Nursing Student Health Form

If you are enrolled in the four-year BSN program, but not enrolled in any nursing courses for the fall semester, complete the regular University health form. More documentation will be provided to you in the beginning of your sophomore year by the Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions.

If you have any questions, please contact Pam Lynn at 215-641-7300, ext. 21167.

Required Immunizations

The following immunizations are required for all students. Non-compliance will result in a medical hold for admission to the residence halls and may interrupt your class schedule.

  • COVID-19 Vaccine: All students who will take classes on campus for Fall 2022 are required to complete GMercyU's COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Form and Request for Vaccination Exemption Form here by August 12, 2022. You must be logged into the portal to view the form. It’s important to remember that students who are required to participate in clinicals, student teaching, or other field experiences in order to graduate may be required to show proof of vaccination in order to report to their site locations in the fall. Students who choose not to be vaccinated may not be able to complete these degree program requirements, which could delay your time to graduation.
  • DPT: 3 doses plus a booster within the past 10 years
  • Polio: 3 doses of Polio vaccine plus a booster
  • MMR: 2 doses
  • Hepatitis B: 3 doses
  • Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine: If you plan to live in the residence halls, this vaccine is required.
  • Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine Booster: A booster dose is now recommended at 16 years old for children who received the initial dose between 11 and 12 years old. If the initial dose was given between 13 and 15 years old, the booster dose should be given between 16 and 18 years old. If the initial dose was given at 16 years or older, no booster is needed, except where there is continuing risk.
  • Varicella: either a history of chickenpox or the varicella vaccine
  • TB test: A PPD within one year for all nursing, Health Professions, International, and Resident Students. Nursing Students are to be repeated yearly. Health Professions students will follow recommendations from their respective departments.

Insurance Coverage

All students are required to be insured. If you belong to a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), contact your provider to determine out of area services.

All students will be automatically enrolled in the College Student Health Insurance plan unless an online waiver is completed by the deadline date of September 11 for the current year.

Waive Health Insurance

The Student Health Insurance Waiver will be available around July 1.

If you do not complete a waiver, you will automatically be enrolled in the College Student Health Insurance Plan and you will be billed the annual premium.

Meningitis Awareness Disclosure

On June 28, 2002, the Governor of Pennsylvania, Mark Schweiker, signed into law a requirement that students enrolled in Pennsylvania institutions of higher education residing in residence halls or other university-owned housing be vaccinated against meningococcal disease. For more information, visit