New Student Health
All new and transfer students must complete a health form (PDF) prior to moving into the residence halls and starting classes.
Athletic Student Health Form
If you need to fill out the Athletic Student Health Form, please contact the Athletic Department at 215-641-7300, ext. 21251.
Nursing Student Health Form
If you are enrolled in the four-year BSN program, but not enrolled in any nursing courses for the fall semester, complete the regular University health form. More documentation will be provided to you in the beginning of your sophomore year by the Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Allied Health Professions.
If you have any questions, please call Donna Doyle at 215-641-7300, ext. 21116 or Pam Lynn at 215-641-7300, ext. 21167.
The following immunizations are required for all students. Non-compliance will result in a medical hold for admission to the residence halls and may interrupt your class schedule.
- DPT: 3 doses plus a booster within the past 10 years
- Polio: 3 doses of Polio vaccine plus a booster
- MMR: 2 doses
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine: If you plan to live in the residence halls, you must have this vaccine. If you have chosen to not receive it for any reason, documentation from a physician’s office must be attached to the completed medical form stating the reason for the decision.
- Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine Booster: A booster dose is now recommended at 16 years old for children who received the initial dose between 11 and 12 years old. If the initial dose was given between 13 and 15 years old, the booster dose should be given between 16 and 18 years old. If the initial dose was given at 16 years or older, no booster is needed, except where there is continuing risk.
- Varicella: either a history of chicken pox or the varicella vaccine
- TB test: A PPD within one year for all nursing, Allied Health, International, and Resident Students. Nursing Students are to be repeated yearly. Allied Health students will follow recommendations from their respective departments.
All students are required to be insured. If you belong to a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) or a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), contact your provider to determine out of area services.
All students will be automatically enrolled in the Student College Health Insurance plan unless an online waiver is completed by the deadline date of September 11 for the current year.
Waive Health Insurance
The Student Health Insurance Waiver will be available on July 1, 2015.
If you do not complete a waiver, you will automatically be enrolled in the Student College Health Insurance Plan and you will be billed the annual premium.
Meningitis Awareness Disclosure
On June 28, 2002, the Governor of Pennsylvania, Mark Schweiker, signed into law a requirement that students enrolled in Pennsylvania institutions of higher education residing in residence halls or other university-owned housing be vaccinated against meningococcal disease. Students who wish to be exempt from this requirement must meet the following conditions: The student (or parent/legal guardian in the case of students under the age of 18 years), after having been advised of the risks of the disease and the availability and effectiveness of the vaccine, must sign a written waiver stating that he or she has reviewed the information and have chosen not to be vaccinated against the disease for religious or medical reasons. For more information please click here: http://www.cdc.gov .