Program Coordinator and Instructor for GMercyU’s Computer Information Science program Cindy Casey was featured on CreditDonkey, a personal finance website, to share her tips for safer online banking.
Here are her tips, though Casey specified "there is no such thing as safe banking, just safer."
- Never use a public computer or open (free) Wi-Fi when banking online.
- Change your password regularly and do not use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Use a strong password (12 characters in length and a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and at least one special symbol).
- Do not just close the browser window when you are done, make sure you log out when you have finished your transaction.
- Check your bank statements carefully for any unusual charges or activity.
See all 10 of Casey's tips on CreditDonkey here!