Develop the Skills All Organizations Need
GMercyU’s bachelor of arts in Communication program is known for its combination of hands-on training and classroom instruction. It’s the perfect launching pad for a career in writing, broadcasting, media technology, or public relations.
The GMercyU Difference
Gwynedd Mercy University offers a Communications degree in PA that gives you the opportunity to:
- Absorb more from your education with our 1-on-1 learning atmosphere and low student-to-faculty ratio
- Learn directly from professors who are experts and knowledgeable in their fields (we don’t have any teaching assistants leading classes)
- Get the extra push you need to be successful from professors who care about your success and constantly mentor, motivate, and encourage you
Increase the value of your degree by adding an undergraduate minor. GMercyU offers a wide variety of minors so you can choose the one that best meets your personal and professional goals.
In addition to general education requirements, you will need to complete the following courses:
Major Requirements – 60 Credits
||Introduction to Television Production
||Theories of Mass Communication
||Introduction to Journalism
||Introduction to Public Relations
||Public Relations Writing
||Feature & Magazine Writing
||American Literaure II
||History of English
||History of Rhetoric
A minimum of 125 credits is required for the bachelor’s degree in Communication.
To review course descriptions, please refer to the undergraduate catalog (PDF).
GMercyU’s Communications students have interned at many exciting organizations, including:
- Malvern Retreat House
- Millennium Radio New Jersey
- NBC10 / WCAU Philadelphia
- Public Relations at GMercyU
- Saile & Saile LLP
- WMMR - Preston and Steve
- Philadelphia Freedoms
- Univest Corporation
- ESPN Radio