"I never expected coming here to change me so much. ... The human services program at GMercyU beautifully mirrors the University’s mission that embodies the mercy tradition of caring for others." - Christina Harris '16
Gwynedd Mercy University has several distinctive educational benefits when compared to other schools offering a similar Human Services degree in PA.
Study Human Services at a university with a deep commitment to service
- Personalized attention with our low 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio and supportive environment
- Courses taught by faculty members with direct work experience in the field (no teaching assistants)
- Degree options that prepares you to immediately enter the workforce or pursue a graduate degree
- Internships that give your hands-on experience before you graduate
Get started on your career right after graduation
A bachelor's degree in Human Services will prepare you for entry-level work in schools, hospitals, and social service agency settings ─ immediately after graduation. In these settings you may serve groups such as the elderly, disabled, youth, or the economically disadvantaged.
Pursue an Advanced Degree
According to a 2014 report from the Education Advisory Board, more than 25% of new bachelor’s in Human Services graduates immediately pursue graduate degrees. Your bachelor’s degree provides an excellent foundation for a Master’s in Social Work, Counseling, School Counseling, or Applied Behavioral Analysis.
With a broader curriculum than a Bachelor’s in Social Work, alumni of our program have had great success with graduate school admissions, many going on to top-ranking programs at universities such as:
- Penn State
- Temple University
- Tulane University
- University of New Orleans
- University of Southern California
- West Chester University
- Widener University
Increase the value of your degree by adding an undergraduate minor. GMercyU offers a wide variety of minors so you can choose the one that best meets your personal and professional goals.