Prayer & Spiritual Life
To support the spiritual development of our students, faculty and staff, Campus Ministry offers a variety of retreats and faith-sharing opportunities throughout the year. Our goal: as members of the community pause to engage questions of significance, they will pray and reflect on their personal experience in the pursuit of lives of deep meaning.
- Please see our News and Events page for current programs.
- See below for information on prayer requests, bereavement and Mass cards.
October Retreat: SAND & SPIRIT!
Six weeks into the school year . . . what a great time to hit pause . . . unplug . . . and tune-in to your true self. Come to the Sisters of Mercy retreat house in Sea Isle City NJ for the weekend, take a deep breath, and share conversation & reflection, fun and perspective with like-minded students. Cost to you is just $25, and assistance is available if needed. Download an application and reserve your spot in the sand today! (Application deadline is Friday, September 26.)
Student Led Spring Retreat: Let Your Light Shine!
This annual retreat led by-and-for Gwynedd Mercy University undergrads will be held February 13-15 in Sea Isle City, N.J. The "LYLS" retreat is an opportunity to take time apart to reflect on your life in the company of friends, peers and faculty/staff mentors. There will be opportunities for personal reflection, group conversation and prayer as well as fun activities and free time! February's a pretty gray month. Mark your calendar to let your light shine!
- You are welcome to write your prayer intentions in our book outside of Chapel in Campbell Hall
- To request the prayers of the University community in the event of the death of a close relative of a Gwynedd Mercy University faculty member, staff member, or student, please contact Fr. John Collins at 215-641-5531 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Christine Eberle at 215-641-5590 or email@example.com. When possible, please obtain permission from the bereaved individual, and include as much information about funeral arrangements as possible.
- Campus Ministry and Counseling Services hold a three week group called "Journey Through Loss" starting in mid-October each year; specific dates & times will be based on interest so please contact any member of Campus Ministry or Counseling Services by the end of September if you would like to be part of this healing experience.
- Beautiful Gwynedd Mercy University Mass Cards are available to bring to a wake or funeral, or to send to someone in need of healing; names of all those being remembered in prayer are listed outside of Chapel. Contact Jane Coughlin in Institutional Advancement, Coughlin.firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-641-5590 x177.
Does Everything Happen for a Reason?
Campus Ministry Director Christine Eberle published an article with this title in the September 2012 issue of Liguorian Magazine. (Hint: the sub-title is "Believing Ourselves into a Crisis of Faith!") Read it here!
Here are some interesting sites for those interested in spiritual life and personal development:
- Pray-as-you-go, daily prayer for your iPod or MP3 player
- Freshman Survival Guide
- Busted Halo (an online magazine for spiritual seekers)
- Cranaleith Spiritual Center
- Spring Hill College's Comprehensive Theology Library