Rich Student Life
Gwynedd Mercy University offers students a modern learning community in a encouraging and enriching environment. Our Gwynedd Valley campus is located on 150 beautiful acres in Montgomery County Pennsylvania, right outside of Philadelphia. With vibrant on-campus activities, convenient and accessible access to one of the largest cities in the United States, and opportunities to give back to the community, our student‘s enjoy an experience that will engage them on all levels.
One of the most important aspects of a well-rounded college experience is having an active campus life with opportunities and activities to enrich your experience. At Gwynedd Mercy University we provide our students with access to as many of these activities as possible.
- 19 NCAA Division III men’s and women’s sports teams- Whether participating in a sporting event as a player or spectator, Gwynedd Mercy University students enjoy a state-of-the-art sport facility to compete and cheer on their fellow Griffins.
- Over 30 Clubs and Organizations- At Gwynedd Mercy University everything is about getting involved. With areas of interest including arts, science, technology, business, government, social activism, Gwynedd Mercy University offers students a variety of options to get involved.
- Student Activities Committee- There is a whole host of activities planned throughout the year that help enhance on-campus student life. The Student Activities Committee or SAC work year-round to plan events including concerts, guest speakers, and other daily fun activities.
The City of Brotherly Love
Gwynedd Mercy University calls one of the nation’s oldest and proudest cities home. Located only miles away from the budding culture and excitement of Philadelphia, Gwynedd Mercy University offers students a campus safely located in a suburban setting, but with convenient access to all the modern amenities of a major city.
- Quick and Easy Access to Philadelphia- Our campus is located minutes away from SEPTA’s R5 regional rail, allowing students to reach the heart of the city in less than a half hour. Our convenient and complimentary shuttle service will take students to and from the train station from the Gwynedd Valley Campus.
- Arts and Culture- At Gwynedd Mercy University students are less than 30 minutes away from a variety of museums and attractions, including the Philadelphia Art Museum, the National Constitution Center, the Academy of Natural Sciences, and the Franklin Institute just to name a few.
Through Gwynedd Mercy University’s commitment to the idea of service to society a large part of our vibrant student life revolves around serving our local community.
- Campus Ministry- Our community service program reflects and enhances the University's commitment to the Mercy tradition of service to society by tackling issues like hunger, education, immigration and environmentalism.
- Alternative Spring Breaks- Allowing our students to dedicate their time to tackling some of the bigger issues facing the world today.
- Hobbit House- The Valie Genuardi Hobbit House is a child development nursery school where community children of all age groups work and play together in a family atmosphere and our students get a chance to practice their teaching skills.
- Upward Bound- A comprehensive pre-college preparatory program designed to aid students who are interested in attending college. High-School age students from all over attend attend a five-week summer residential program held at Gwynedd Mercy University. Program offerings include: academic instruction in mathematics, science and English, tutorial and counseling services, PSAT/SAT workshops, financial aid information, visits to colleges, and cultural and social activities.
These are just a few examples of all the opportunities Gwynedd Mercy University has to offer in creating a vibrant student life. We pride ourselves on creating a learning community that does more than educate minds; we help students to transform themselves as they uncover the possibilities before and within them.