Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Frequently Asked Questions About Gwynedd Mercy University

You are here

There are so many questions that you may already have about Gwynedd Mercy University. So, we have compiled the following list of the most commonly asked questions about Gwynedd Mercy University from potential students just like yourself. We hope that this answers some of your inquiries and saves you a little time.

Q: Is Gwynedd Mercy University accessible to Center City Philadelphia?
A: Olde City, South Street and Center City Philadelphia are just a 20 minute car ride from the University. Gwynedd Mercy University is just minutes from several major highways in reaching Philadelphia — Routes 476, 309, 202, and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Students requiring public transportation can utilize SEPTA's Lansdale-Doylestown (R-5) line via the Gwynedd Valley train station. A Gwynedd Mercy University shuttle is available to students using this mode of transportation.

Q: Can I have a car on campus?
A: Students are allowed to have their cars on campus all four years. Parking is conveniently located throughout campus at a small charge for students; parking lots are designated for commuter and resident students.

  • Campus map with labeled parking lots.
  • For more information on parking, access our Public Safety web site.
  • We also have cars available for rent through our U Car Share Program.

Q: How do I transfer to Gwynedd Mercy University?
A. Gwynedd Mercy University welcomes transfer applicants from two and four year colleges around the country and world. Gwynedd Mercy University Admission Counselors can assist you in a variety of ways including: reviewing transferability of courses into Gwynedd Mercy University, program requirements, application process, and much more. In addition to making transferring a smooth process, Gwynedd Mercy University also makes it affordable with the availability of transfer scholarships for full-time students ranging from $7,000 to $14,000 per year! Get more information on our Transfer Students page.

Q: Where can I get academic or personal help if I need it?
A: Gwynedd Mercy University offers personal counseling in the student services office located in The Griffin Complex for all students. In the Library, peer counseling is also available. For academic help, the Academic Resource Center is available. The ARC is located on the second floor of Lourdes Library. Get more information about the Academic Resource Center and free tutoring.

Q: Can I come to Gwynedd Mercy University if I have not decided on a major?
A: Most definitely. We encourage students who have not decided on a major to apply as an Undecided student. During the first year, you will take classes that are general enough to fit into any major you choose. This allows you to explore the many choices offered here and receive credits toward a degree at the same time.

Q: What sports teams are available on campus?
A: Gwynedd Mercy University sponsors 19 athletic programs that compete at the NCAA Division III level. Eleven teams are fielded for women and eight for men. The athletic program has enjoyed significant growth and success. Get more information about all of Athletics.

Q: What student activities are available on campus?
A: There is always something going on at Gwynedd Mercy University. Students can choose from more than 30 social and academic clubs. You can participate in our Student Government Association, plan student activities through the Student Activities Committee, join our dance team, or sing in our nationally renowned choir, The Voices of Gwynedd. Learn more about student activities and all of clubs and organizations.

Q: What type of Financial Aid is available?
A: Nearly 91% of our students receive some form of Financial Aid. Learn more about financial aid and scholarships and grants.


apply now