Technology to Prepare Tomorrow's Educators
Gwynedd Mercy University is collaborating with Teachscape, to provide industry-leading solutions, technology and and services for future educators from Gwynedd Mercy University. Teachscape has partnered with respected institutions including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to streamline its approach with the necessary tools for producing dynamic schools and teachers. Gwynedd Mercy University is one of the few schools in the nation to offer this remarkable teaching aid that generates an effective teaching and learning model for pre-service and student teachers.
Gwynedd Mercy University and Teachscape reflect Video Observation
- Supports personalized professional learning, in-depth collaboration, more effective teaching and improved student outcomes.
- Video capture used in college classes, lectures, and small group discussions.
- Teacher candidates can capture their own teaching for reflection and discussion with a coach/mentor and college supervisor.
- Students also have the opportunity to access online resources and tutorials to improve instructional leadership and practice.
- When Gwynedd Mercy University students apply for education jobs, they may present their student teaching video during their interview to showcase their instructional, administrative, or counseling skills.
Classroom Walkthrough Observation
A child's learning depends on the talent and skills of the classroom teacher.
- The Classroom Walkthrough process allows instructional leaders to record observations of their student teachers.
- Using a hand-held wireless device, professors can collect and report observations and later give personal feedback on student assessment and classroom instruction.
- These observations, along with action planning and progress monitoring are needed for continues improvement to successfully prepare tomorrow's educators.
Professional Learning Resources
- Teachscape offers a library of more than 10,000 online, professional learning resources targeted to specific areas of practice. The series includes mathematics, early childhood, new teacher support, English language learners, effective instructional strategies, literacy, and elementary science.
- Each series is comprised of a number of independent study resources that include online, multimedia professional learning modules, a Study Guide that provides suggested paths through the professional learning and reflective questions and suggested applications for independent use or for use by an instructional leader with a group of teacher and recommendations for ongoing professional learning.