School of Arts & Sciences - Enroll Now To Earn An Arts And Science Degree!
The School of Arts and Sciences at Gwynedd Mercy University is the academic heart of the University - providing students with an expansive background in liberal arts and sciences while instilling a crucial set of communication and critical thinking skills - leading to a degree that will both prepare and distinguish Gwynedd Mercy University graduates in today's job market.
The School of Arts & Sciences advances research in the fine arts, humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences - and is committed to fostering academic excellence through a core curriculum and degree programs which cultivate active engagement in scholarship, leadership and service.
With 19 fields of study, the major academic programs in the School of Arts & Sciences vary from one another in content and direction, from biology, human services and criminal justice to gerontology, computer science and philosophy.
Through faculty support and an intimate class environment, all of the programs in the School of Arts & Sciences provide students with thorough preparation and internship opportunities for a broad range of careers including the pharmaceutical, computer science, social work and teaching professions among many others. Our graduates are also often accepted into prestigious graduate programs. Rigorous and competitive, all programs in the School of Arts & Sciences are taught by highly qualified faculty and grounded in the core values evident throughout Gwynedd Mercy University.
In U.S.News & World Report's 2013 edition of "Best Colleges", Gwynedd Mercy University ranked in the first tier of its category, which is largely attributed to its high graduation and retention rates.
Arts & Sciences Degrees
Behavioral and Social Sciences Division
- Behavioral and Social Gerontology - Bachelor of Arts
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor of Science
- Human Services - Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
- Psychology - Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
- History - Bachelor of Arts
- History with Secondary Education Option - Bachelor of Arts
- Liberal Studies - Associates of Art
- Philosophy - Bachelor of Arts
Language, Literature and Fine Arts Division
- Communication - Bachelor of Arts
- English - Bachelor of Arts
- English with Secondary Education Certification - Bachelor of Arts
Natural and Computational Sciences Division
- Biology with Secondary Education Certification - Bachelor of Science
- Biology - Bachelor of Science
- Computer Information Science Degree - Bachelor of Science (options in Business; Computer Forensics; Web Design and Multimedia)
- Mathematics - Bachelor of Science
- Mathematics with Secondary Education Certification - Bachelor of Science
- Natural Science - Associate of Science