Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree (DNP)
A doctoral degree in nursing is the next step to a higher-level career as a nurse in the Unites States. Gwynedd Mercy University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice degree (DNP) builds on the current clinical master’s degree program for nurse practitioners (NP), clinical nurse specialists (CNS), certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA), and certified nurse mid-wives (CNM). Our DNP is designed as a professional practice doctorate integrating:
- Evidence-based practice
- Quality improvement
- Social policy
- Systems leadership
Unlike other doctoral nursing programs, the Gwynedd Mercy University DNP is targeted to advanced practice nurses seeking a terminal degree in nursing practice that will complement the work of nurses currently in the field who possess research-focused doctoral degrees. Students graduating with a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree are eligible to take the appropriate certification exam.
Gwynedd Mercy University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice features:
- 39-credit hybrid program
- Unlike completely online DNP programs, our hybrid format provides the opportunity for face-to-face time as well as individual learning.
- 50% of the courses offered online to include course and clinical work
- Full-time and Part-time Options
- Executive Sessions (face-to-face) embedded in each course
- By offering our doctoral nursing degree in Pennsylvania, the executive sessions provide our students with the opportunity for professional networking and the ability to work with teams of students in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Evidenced Based Scholarly project addressing an area of advanced nursing practice
Having provided South Eastern Pennsylvania and the Greater Philadlephia Area with the most qualified nurses for over 40 years, the Gwyneed Mercy University DNP finally combines doctoral-level learning with our exceptional reputation.
Discover how our DNP differs from other DNP programs…get more information about the Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree Program